HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 07:13 PM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

I can't speak for the GTO or any of the 08 Elites, but I feel that last year's Synergy was the best bow released. The draw on the K8 cam was very nice and the bow was smokin fast, dead in the hand and quiet. I almost bought one, but I do care about resale value and questioned what it would be onthe Elites. That, and they tookforever to release the lefties. I also had some concerns about the company since they were so new and had a rocky start. They are some top notch bows with the highest quality components.

From the looks of the new cam it does look like it would have a smoother draw than the K8. For those comparing draw cycles, you can't really compare a single cam to a dually or a binary, which is what the Elites have. The draw cycles are too different to compare. I like the draw cycles on binary cam bows, so when I drew the Synergy knowing it was a speed bow I was pleasantly surprised. The draw cycle on the 82nd Airborne is very similar to what the Synergy had. If the GTO is smoother and puts out the speeds advertised, that is an incredible bow.

Good review, I look forward to checking out the GTO, but I'm happy with what I've got right now.

I noticed that they are no longer using Vapor Trail strings. For you guys in the know, any idea on why they changed string makers?