Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked... >

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

The guys at the shop came back from the ATA show doing nothing but RAVING about the Elite GTO, Elite Xtreme XL, and the Hoyt Vantages. I had to stay at the shop and work so I just had to trust their word.

I was pretty excited to see the UPS man drop off a couple Elite boxes. I was hoping they would be the GTO's and they were. One #60 and one #70. We pulled them out of the boxes and the first this I did was draw the #70. I had drawn one before, but only once. No doubt in my mind after drawing and shooting the Airbborne's and then this GTO, the GTO is ALOT smoother than the Airbornes. This is my HONEST opinion too.

When I talked my shop owner into picking up the line, I figured them to draw a little harsher like the Bowtechs, but with them being speed demons, I knew they would sell. It was a VERY pleasent surprise to feel the draw on these bows. They are as shock free as can be, and don't jump hardly at all.

We put rests and loops on the #60 and the #70 and off to the chrono we went.

The #70 maxed out at #71 lbs, with a 28.5" draw, and a 350gr arrow, it shot 338.2fps [:-]. Then we put a 30" module on it and it shot 350.2fps [:-]. VERY impressive for a 7" BRACE HEIGHT!

(sorry for the bad pic, it was with my phone)

The 60# maxed at 62# and with a 300gr arrow, and 28.5" draw it shot 330fps [:-]. This bow really did impress me and I think they will sell great in the store.

The fit and finish on these bows are AMAZING too. GREAT detail. They also come with Neely Custom strings (Winner's Choice guy).

There aren't many reviews on these bows out yet, and I thought I would share with you guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ATA - 33 1/8"
BH - 7"
Available in Right Handed and Left Handed.
Mass Weight 3lbs 15.5oz
IBO @ 70# 30" 80% letoff - 340-350
Draw Lengths 26-30
Draw Weights 50-90#
MSRP
G1 - $799.00
AT - $759.00 (Pictured)

Larger Picture of the G1 Camo

Old 01-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Default RE: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Is this as good as the Ross, or the Hoyt, or the BowTech that you claimed to be the best bow ever?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet

Is this as good as the Ross, or the Hoyt, or the BowTech that you claimed to be the best bow ever?
Stop this now. It's a review. Nothing about my personal bows. Take it for what it is.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

who makes them?
Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

who makes them?
Elite.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Great review matt. Nicely put together.

I'm not sure I agree with your assesment on smooth drawing though. Now, I've not shot the GTO, so I don't know, but I HAVE shot an Aigil and a Synergy XT......Smooth?? LOL..no. Not so much. BUT, they are a very aggressive cam, not designed necessarily for smooth, but they are shootin sons a guns, that's for sure.....And DEAD quiet.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

hm ive never even heard of elite....
Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

hm ive never even heard of elite....
You've got an Elite dealer, right there in St Louis....I'll be a son of a gun if I can remember the name of the place though.....go to www.elitearchery.com and use their dealer locator....
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

I'm not sure I agree with your assesment on smooth drawing though. Now, I've not shot the GTO, so I don't know, but I HAVE shot an Aigil and a Synergy XT......Smooth?? LOL..no. Not so much. BUT, they are a very aggressive cam, not designed necessarily for smooth, but they are shootin sons a guns, that's for sure.....And DEAD quiet.
I've drawn the Aigil and I agree with the like pulling a truck assessment. The Synergy XT was actually stiffer than the GTO for some reason. Doesn't make any sense. There aren't any big humps in the draw cycle. It's stiff but not harsh. There's a pretty decent valley on it too, for a speed bow. It's nicer on the shoulder than our X-Forces are.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

I think it really comes down to how it feels in one's hands...The cam and a half was/is wildly popular and I did not care for the draw cycle at all.

I have an allegiance and a liberty now and while the allegiance is a harder feeling pull, i think its very smooth. And for the liberty, pure butter.

I think it's all what your used to that affects how a new bow feels.

Quick Reply: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.