Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much do you guys work out a week? >

How much do you guys work out a week?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much do you guys work out a week?

Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 PM

Default RE: How much do you guys work out a week?

Used to be 5-6 days a week when it was my lifestyle but family and work changed that. lol. 4 days a week. Cardio and weights but not for bowhunting. I work out just to be in shape for anything life throws at me.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

WAS doing three to four days a week on the weights until i damaged my shoulder doing something stupid [:@]find out the results tommorow. Was doing day 1. chest/triceps- day2. back/biceps- day 3. shoulders/abs- day 4 and 5 rest then start over with same body parts/different routine.
was running 3 miles in the summer now doing a little high intensity interval training HITT. for cardio. I got to get my shoulder back, i havent lifted in two weeks and its driving me crazy [&o]
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM

F@&$ing injuries. I know that fustration. Good luck man.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

After shooting the Longbow today at my Archery Shop I did some 12 once curls at the bar there and watched a 3d league shoot, one handed curls of course! I try to do this as much as possible, sometimes I work out too much and I feel the pain the next day!

My workout is done at work thru my Job! [:'(]
You beat me to it! 12 oz at a time! I use to be big into working out, I loved it and I was fit! Them days are gone! My workout is chasing after my 6 month old daughter! She's already getting ready for the mountains to go chase some elk with her dad!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

You beat me to it! 12 oz at a time! I use to be big into working out, I loved it and I was fit! Them days are gone! My workout is chasing after my 6 month old daughter! She's already getting ready for the mountains to go chase some elk with her dad!
Been there Steve, your probably in better shape than any of us! Chasing the kids around is a work out all in its own, 24/7!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now, I am hitting the hvy bag at least 2x a weekI shoot for 3x a week, anyway...10, 1 minute rounds as hard as I can go....cross training that with a dumbell weight training circuit in between each boxing rounds. Ibreak my dumbell circuit up into body parts..for example one day I will box and train my biceps and back... then the next day box and train my shoulders, triceps and chest... I cut, chop and stacka lot of firewood for core strength training. About 11-12 cord a winter..

Once I start shed hunting ....probably going out for the first time this weekend..I will get my legs/lungs back in even better shape. Shed hunting this country will do it to you.

at my age I am really trying to shed some fat.. and have been, I am the lightest I have been in some time and am shooting for my old h.s weight of 185 by Spring break.. April.. I've lost 16 lbs since Christmas day. I am at 198..today.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Site Buck Guru

I get out of bed 7 days a week and man, is that a work out!

Sometimes I stay up.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Either a 3-day a week push/pull split or the typical 4-day split that a lot of people are use to. Nothing too crazy... but effective.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

I lift three times a week...usually splitting up Arms, Back, Legs....eating healthy as well keeps me in shape...nothing like a lean venison roast with carrots and potatoes...
Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not much these days. I've really gotta do something about that [:-]. I've gained about 30lbs since I moved away from PA 4 years ago. Back then I had a gym setup in my basement, and was doing 5 days of cardio a week and lifting 4 days on top of N02 (a hemodialator). Once I get some of the upcoming costs of the new house out of the way, I'd really like to invest in an eliptical machine and a good set of free weights and dumbells. I quit smoking almost 2.5 years ago (well after I stopped working out) and haven't really worked out since,I'd love to really push my new found lungs hard and see just how much more cardio I am good for since I quit smoking. As a nearly pack a day smoker 4 years ago, I was running 2 miles in well under 12 minutes.

Quick Reply: How much do you guys work out a week?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.