Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much do you guys work out a week? >

How much do you guys work out a week?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much do you guys work out a week?

Old 01-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How much do you guys work out a week?

I workout five days a week and try to shoot my bow every couple of days even in the off season. I would not try to workout with heavy weight, just light weight to build up stamina to hold that bow untill you get that clear shot.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

I used to have the power of youth, which negated the need to work out. I also work construction, but that does nothing for respiratory or muscle mass, endurance etc... So, in the last few years, and I am 37 by the way, I have started to grudginly work out. Today, I am pretty psyched to work out, as I have started to enjoy it.

I run 3-5 miles a week on our eliptical machine (in the winter, summer is outside, we have 40" of snow now), and I do quite a few weight lifting exercises about 3 times a week, exercise ball once a week, and I shoot my bow pretty much daily for about 40-60 arrows, sometimes more. Occasionally I go to indoor shoots in the winter (Montana we are talking), and a couple of 3-D shoots in the spring, plus our own 3-D range here in W.Y. Montana on a fairly regurlar basis come late summer and pre-season.

Dudes' you can't belive how much I love to hunt. I put in for bonus points for some 35+ tags in various western states every year, I hunt 3-4 deer seasons a year, sometimes more than one elk season, an antelope, sometimes more than one spring bear season, and a miriad of other hunting stuff that way outnumbers what I listed, and I find I love it so much that I want to be in better shape in 20 years that what I am now. So!!!I am working at it.

God Bless!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I completely understand!