Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This is why its called hunting and not getting! >

This is why its called hunting and not getting!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is why its called hunting and not getting!

Old 01-06-2008, 12:40 AM

Default RE: This is why its called hunting and not getting!

Even when I hunted with a recurve if A deer was under my stand I let him walk out to 20 to 25 yards before I would shoot and I could stick all my arrow in a pop can out to 40 yards all day long with my 65 Lb recuvre. If they are to close and your in a tree it is a bad angle hard to get both lungs and not hitting ribs straight on. I have seen to many bowhunter lose a buck because they shot at them straight down on them under the tree. When there at 20 to 25 yards I can get a better shot to hit both lungs and have more vital to shoot at. When they get out over 30 yard to far even with my go fast compound. I have shot some at longer yardage before mostly back when I shot a recurve. Double lung two a couple at 60 yard and a couple at around 40 yards and three bull Elk at 40 + yards and they were all great shots. When they get over 30 yards there is to many thing that could happen. A deer is a live thing and you never now what they will do. They may move just as you shoot are react to the sound of the shot. You just never know.