Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ONE Thing You Would Change in 07 >

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Old 12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

ORIGINAL: GregH

Of course we would all like to bring back loved ones not only for ourselves but for our fellow members. As far as the 07 bow season went I had a turkey that didn't go down after the first shot and I had to get down and track it only to go hand to spur combat with the damn thing. Turkeys are some bad dudes guys. I promise you that.
Motownhonkey,
Did you enter this battle with the turkey with hesitation or did you demand it?
I must admit I dove in at him with much hesitation. That Tom demanded it to the end. I briefly had to turn in my man card but realized I could take it back as the Tom was recycled thru my innards.
I know what you mean, those turkeys can certainly demand it!

I pounced on one once with my cat like reflexes and it almost took me down a 100 foot ravine![:-]Thankfully he succumbed at the very edge once I slapped a rear naked choke on him![:@] It was close.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would have let the buck I shot walk.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Site Bouncer

I pounced on one once with my cat like reflexes and it almost took me down a 100 foot ravine![:-]Thankfully he succumbed at the very edge once I slapped a rear naked choke on him![:@] It was close.
LOL!!! Great stuff there! Spit out my coffe LOL!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:10 AM

Hit a buck (would have been my biggest) high in the shoulder, penetrated about 2", no blood, hair, nothing. NEver found him, would like to have that shot back.
That sounds familiar, only thing different for me is I found 2very small spots of blood. It was about a 150's class 10 pt, I'll be sick about that for years.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

I would've paid more attention when rangeing a certain lane tha a 130+ was about to walk down. The tree I ranged was at 35yds. The lane I thought was at 40 since it went behind the tree, butsince it was at a angle, it was actually at 35 also. Right over his back.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:50 AM

PreacherTony
Yes to the basics. Twice this year and other times in the past while going to my stand ormoving from one spotto another I've blundered right into a buck because I let my guard down[:@]. I'd like another chance to slow down and see the huge twelve pointI posted about on11/14 instead of walking up on him in the hedges.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Of course we would all like to bring back loved ones not only for ourselves but for our fellow members. As far as the 07 bow season went I had a turkey that didn't go down after the first shot and I had to get down and track it only to go hand to spur combat with the damn thing. Turkeys are some bad dudes guys. I promise you that.
Motownhonkey,
Did you enter this battle with the turkey with hesitation or did you demand it?
I must admit I dove in at him with much hesitation. That Tom demanded it to the end. I briefly had to turn in my man card but realized I could take it back as the Tom was recycled thru my innards.
I know what you mean, those turkeys can certainly demand it!

You guys are hilarious!!!

I think i'll be packin when I go bowhunting spring Toms this fall!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 10:44 PM

honestly? Nothing.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd give a lot to have waited another 10 seconds to hang up my bow one morning when the huge, massive, very wide 8 point I was after suddenly materialized on the trail 25 yards in front of me headed to the scrape which would have placed him broadside at 15 yards. [:@] I had decided he wasn't coming to my calls since I watched him walking away from me 15 minutes earlier uninterested in the grunts/bleats I was trying. If I hadwaited ten more seconds to hang up my bow, I'd have seen him and would've likely had a chip shot at a 140 -150 class buck.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Bartender

1). Practiced to much and developed a bad habit and it cost me a couple knuckles to my mouth when I pulled the bow back. ( I had a couple goofy shots that messed with my mind and then this happened) I believe Germ called it the peaking factor.
2). Speak up to a couple fellow hunters who over hunted the same piece of property.
3). Put my game cams in get a few pics and get themout instead of leaving it there most of the summer andcome andgo way to much.
4). Hunt more properties that I have available to me.
5).Should of spent the night at my fathers after we left the hospital and maybe just maybe could of been there the next morning to perform CPR and possibly make a difference.
6) Wish I wasnt the one to find him 2 days later dead.
7). Became a fatass. Keep this up could be like #6.[:@]
8). My damn state of mind this past year had a bit of me being a jerk to a couple members on here this past year.
(Thanks for the help preach)
9). Relized people would rather have a beer with me then hunt with me.

Wow I feel some weight off of me, amen preach!

Quick Reply: ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.