Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ONE Thing You Would Change in 07 >

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Old 12-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

As far as bow season goes, the only thing I wish I could re-do is a shot on a doe. She was walking along a levee and I drew while I was still concealed, but that meant she still had about 10yards to go before I had a clear shot. I assumed she would keep walking. Wrong. It took her almost two minutes to give me a shot. I made the mistake of trying to hold my 70# bow at full draw for the entire time. By the time I finally tried to take the shot, I was shaking so bad that I shot high and clipped her. I made quite a few big mistakes on that evening. Fortunately, I saw her again on the second and third day after that, so at least she made it through.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

The one thing I would change from this year?

That's easy, I wish the Doctors could have cured my wife's Lukemia and she would still be with me.
John .... I think and pray foryou often ...... I couldn't even imagine what your going through......[&o]
Old 12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of course we would all like to bring back loved ones not only for ourselves but for our fellow members. As far as the 07 bow season went I had a turkey that didn't go down after the first shot and I had to get down and track it only to go hand to spur combat with the damn thing. Turkeys are some bad dudes guys. I promise you that.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:29 AM

I would take back the two shots I had at wolves....both I overestimated the yardage and shot high. I've been waiting for just one of those opportunities for 5 years and to mess it up twice in 6 days drives me insane.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Of course we would all like to bring back loved ones not only for ourselves but for our fellow members. As far as the 07 bow season went I had a turkey that didn't go down after the first shot and I had to get down and track it only to go hand to spur combat with the damn thing. Turkeys are some bad dudes guys. I promise you that.
Motownhonkey,
Did you enter this battle with the turkey with hesitation or did you demand it?
Old 12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Site Buck Guru

I would change the shot on this years deer to one where I stopped him for the shot and watched as he ran until he went down.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would set the same stand in consecutive days longer. Many times this year, I switched stands, only to have deer under the one I was at yesterday. When 2 nearby stands are being used sparatically equally, choose one But luck has a lot to do with that as well...
Old 12-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Motownhonkey,
Did you enter this battle with the turkey with hesitation or did you demand it?
I must admit I dove in at him with much hesitation. That Tom demanded it to the end. I briefly had to turn in my man card but realized I could take it back as the Tom was recycled thru my innards.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Spike

I would have scouted more in the pre-season.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Used my head and followed through on a strong urge. After a morning hunt I noticed a couple of new rubs on the outside corner of a woods right in peak rut. From past experience and knowing what was in the area I wanted to immediately hang a stand and hunt it the next morning, but didn't. Next morning I sort of checked out/hunted another area and left early because of that urge in the back of my mind. Drove to the aforementioned area and as I got out of my truck a huge, wide buck(150) was trailing does right past the rubs. Only time I saw him all season. It would have been a 15 yd. chip shot.

Quick Reply: ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.