Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ONE Thing You Would Change in 07 >

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Old 01-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

To have put a little more effort in recovering the buck I shot.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

I should have shot the 9 pointer I passed on.

&

Remember to bring toilet paper [:-].
Old 01-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I should have shot the 9 pointer I passed on.

&

Remember to bring toilet paper [:-].
And to secure your calls around your neck. Oh that was the year beforethat youlost your call
Old 01-01-2008, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Hey guys, what is ONE and only ONE thing that if you could turn back time and change this season, you would. I know there are many, but is there one specific thing that sticks out in your mind ......

For me it would have been to not hang my bow on the tree .... I had a nice buck sneak up on me ... he was less than 20 yards away when I saw him, and as I tried to get my bow of the hook on the tree, the side he was coming from, of course, he busted me ........ it cost me a nice buck and kept my bowhunting drought going strong [:@]

I have since bought a hanger that hangs the bow in front of me .....
I just ordered 2 bow holders for both of my Summit Climbers for that very reason. I never got busted for reaching for it...but I want to keep it that way. The one thing I wish I could change in 07...? Well...I wish I could have shot a buck this year. Our deer season is not over here in Ohio (Bow until Feb 3rd) but the closer to Feb 3rd I get the less likely that will happen. I have 2 Does in the freezer, and the past 4 years I have shot 16 does, but no bucks, due to the fact that most of them were'nt big enough or the bigger ones were just to far away for a bow shot.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

On Nov. 13th, instead of putting my camera at this one spot an hunting another, would have done just the opposite. It would have work out well.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

1). Practiced to much and developed a bad habit and it cost me a couple knuckles to my mouth when I pulled the bow back. ( I had a couple goofy shots that messed with my mind and then this happened) I believe Germ called it the peaking factor.
2). Speak up to a couple fellow hunters who over hunted the same piece of property.
3). Put my game cams in get a few pics and get themout instead of leaving it there most of the summer andcome andgo way to much.
4). Hunt more properties that I have available to me.
5).Should of spent the night at my fathers after we left the hospital and maybe just maybe could of been there the next morning to perform CPR and possibly make a difference.
6) Wish I wasnt the one to find him 2 days later dead.
7). Became a fatass. Keep this up could be like #6.[:@]
8). My damn state of mind this past year had a bit of me being a jerk to a couple members on here this past year.
(Thanks for the help preach)
9). Relized people would rather have a beer with me then hunt with me.

Wow I feel some weight off of me, amen preach!
T... uh..... it was only supposed to be 1 thing

Hey Bro, my heart goes out to you as well with your Dad [&o]..... we never know what the year has in store for us ........

As far as your #7 ...... lets talk to each other and see if we can push eachother to git back to our cruisin weights

#8 ... LOL
Old 01-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wish I could take back the shot that Imade onthis buck. I had the whole rut ahead of me! Thought he was bigger.[&o]

Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have told my wife to shove it when she dictated that we stay home for Thanksgiving because her mother would get lonely (she lives with us) and therefore screwing me out of a week of quality hunting time during the middle of the rut. It won't happen next year, or I'll be single.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would do everything in my power to get McDonald’s restaurants removed from Africa. The ill effects of artificial food sources are devastating!

Old 01-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

I would do everything in my power to get McDonald’s restaurants removed from Africa. The ill effects of artificial food sources are devastating!

HAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAAHHAHAAHA!!!! My girls are rolling on the ground right now, Will!!!!

Quick Reply: ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.