Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ONE Thing You Would Change in 07 >

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

Old 01-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ONE Thing You Would Change in 07

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

9). Relized people would rather have a beer with me then hunt with me.

I'll go hunting with ya Fraley! After one of us gets are deer, we'll have a beer or 2 then! Your a good guy.
I would LOVE to hunt with you, T ... shultzy.... you as well ...... no beers tho

Hell, I'll hunt with all 3 of ya!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

i change mien to not missing the 8 or 9 point that i missed in early nov 18 yards perfect broadside with a slow walk
he would walk alittel stop walk alitte and stop i missed him in a perfect shot with him still and looking at me
Old 01-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Bartender

lol H word
Friday I will be in milwaukee pal
ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I'll go hunting with ya Fraley! After one of us gets are deer, we'll have a beer or 2 then! Your a good guy.
I would LOVE to hunt with you, T ... shultzy.... you as well ...... no beers tho

Old 01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Original: PreacherTony
I have since bought a hanger that hangs the bow in front of me .....
Made this change from 06 to 07...Good choice T.

Original:kshunter
I would set the same stand in consecutive days longer. Many times this year, I switched stands, only to have deer under the one I was at yesterday. When 2 nearby stands are being used sparatically equally, choose one But luck has a lot to do with that as well...
Can't tell ya how many times this happened to me. Can't count is as a regret though, just luck in my mind. Play the game as best you can with the wind and other things, and see where the it leaves you.

Regrets, hum.....I thought after passing on a decent 2.5 year old 7 point the second Saturday of the season, I would be regretting it if I didn't score the rest of the season. Long story short, I wanted a 3.5 year old and I said I wouldn't shoot anything but one. Here I sit, with a week and a half left and I need to leave for Denver. I don't regret it. Tag soup for me this year, but sweet revenge will be mine next year.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

When and where we going?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:08 AM

I don't think my season could have been any better in 07 but I guess if I had to pick one thing it would be to move my shot about 2 inches closer to the shoulder on my second buck so he would not have laid there overnight and just dropped in seconds.

Grabbing him while he was still alive comes in a close second though [8D]
Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ill second that John it just aint the same anymore [&o]
ORIGINAL: Tuco

I would put together my old work crew. Me , bloodcreek(Dink), Ivan, Donnie(MouthaDon) and Big Lou. The fab 5 we had a great time but they busted us up.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I wouldn't have missed that big eight at 30 yards..........[&o]
(oh well, always next year)

I also wish I would have spent more time in the woods scouting during pre-season
Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening evening had a big Doe walk within 4 yards of my tree, past me, to a quartering away shot @ 17 yards and then I drew on her 3-times but had the only branch I couldn't reach when clearing my shooting lanes perfectly in the way.
Well that's not what I would've changed...
As soon as I let down the third time from the doe, I noticed a nice basket racked 8-pointerer right behind her. I bleated and he stopped dead in his tracks and offered me an unobstructed quartering away shot @ 20-yards. The part I would changed is the deers hearing, as he jumped my string. I have had only 1-other deer in my archery experience (13 years) jump my string. This 8-pointer belly hit the ground and popped up as if nothing happened and just walked away to about 35 yards and looked back in my direction with a flip of his tail. I think he was telling me to kiss his "FAST ASS"!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have 2:

1) I wish I would have had a minute more after climbing that stand inlateOct.to range a few trees.. instead of pulling the bow up and seeing the buck at the same time...thus guessing the yardage wrong!

2) Had I known I wouldn't get a better chance at the 8pt piebald than the one presented at 41 yards. I would have taken the shot. The limb was close..but I have no doubt that the deflection would have been down causing a complete miss if I hit the branch.
It would not have resulted in a wounded deer...good hit or complete miss.