Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever been outdone by a beginner? >

Have you ever been outdone by a beginner?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever been outdone by a beginner?

Old 12-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Have you ever been outdone by a beginner?

Yeah one of my best friends who has been only hunting for about fours years. He doesnt scout or see that there might be deer there. I scout, have a cam, use scents, calls and rattle bags. Last year he shot an really nice 8 point. This year........a 10 point. Im like you have got to be kidding me. I have been hunting for 30 years and have never gotten a deer over 7 points and he does it back to back years. What really makes me mad is.......he has them by 7 am. Oh well..........what can you do but just say "Hey nice deer..............prick!" lol
Old 12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey, if you live long enough you'll find you'll get beat by beginners, seasoned and also just down right crotchetty old farts sometime. Why I've been beaten so much by so many at so many different things I think I'll change my name to RedRibbon.[8D] I just congratulate them and give 'em a slap on the back and wish them continued success. Everyone has their great years and everyone has years that aren't so great comparitively. Don't mean nothin'. Keep on keeping on. May you live long enough to become the crotchetty old rascal that makes them all shake their heads someday. It's suppose to be fun.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

yep. Opening day, my dad's friends kid comes up to the cabin with us, never hunted before. i let him use my other hunting stuff, my old bow and set him up on a nice run and within an hour, bam! he smokes a nice ten pointer. its crazy begginers luck!
Old 12-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Hey, if you live long enough you'll find you'll get beat by beginners, seasoned and also just down right crotchetty old farts sometime. Why I've been beaten so much by so many at so many different things I think I'll change my name to RedRibbon.[8D] I just congratulate them and give 'em a slap on the back and wish them continued success. Everyone has their great years and everyone has years that aren't so great comparitively. Don't mean nothin'. Keep on keeping on. May you live long enough to become the crotchetty old rascal that makes them all shake their heads someday. It's suppose to be fun.
Good post and well put!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep, i got wipped by buckeye on the 3-d course, he is a beginner aint he? [8D]
Old 12-29-2007, 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I like that! That's good!