Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS! >

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

If it wasn't for the revenue generated by the evil hunting industry that has ruined the sport for so many of you guys, we wouldn't be able to afford to have such a great place for you to all gather together and complain about it.
It's the work of satan.

PS. I would love to know what kind of bow and arrows you shoot and why you bought it?

I can honestly say not one item I have for fishing or hunting was bought because of a celebrity endorsing it.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think valid points have been made here. When any sport/activity increases in popularity, the cost is going to go up. Given. It's up to us to buy into it or not. So-called spokesmen will be on TV telling everyone how they do it and why they are successful. When sponsers get involved, these so-call experts are paid to attribute success to the product they are pushing. The bows, camo, scent-lok, optics, boots, stands, blinds..................the list goes on and on have now became the reasons for their success.
Very little is discussed and rarelywill you findsuccess attributed to preperation, practice, scouting, during season or in the off season, woodsmanship, knowing the herd or the land from these so-called experts.I imagine the reason is because the sponsors now own them and the "industry" and they dictate what is said and what is done while the experts are in front of the camera. You either choose to buy into it or you choose to see it for what it really is. It really depends on what hunting means to you and what you want it to mean to your kids.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:16 AM

The problem is not enough quality hunting oppurtunities. More state agencies need to aline their regulations with sound QDM practices. That way public land hunting would be much better. Also, deer hunters pay the the vast majority of license fees in most states. So, state agencies should try to open more public land to provide quality hunting oppertunities for deer hunters. As for the Outdoor Channel and the Hunting DVD's, I like a lot of them. Especially, Michael Waddell's, the Drury Boy's, and Primos, but I don't like watching high fence hunts anywhere. But, what's more important is that a large percentage of the 180 or so middle school boysI have in my P.E. classes love to watch these shows. In a world where there is so many things trying to get kid's attention the Outdoor channel and Hunting DVD's help to attract kids to our sport. So, take a child hunting or fishin' cause if Bill Jordan ain't makin money, we probably ain't huntin' either.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have nnot purchased one hunting item because some hunting celebrity endorsed it. I usually buy it because it is on sale LOL?

I have purchased a couple of things due to what I read on these forums though.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Hunting will become a rich man's sport, there's no dought about it!
Sad, but true. Ive seen the almighty buck ruin hunting.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Said it before, and I'll say it again, "jealousy is an ugly thing"!!!

Its easy to be a bit jealous of the opportunities afforded to others, but I'm sure some of them deserve it, so we can paint all Pro-staffers, or the industry with the same broad brush!

Would I like to be in their shoes?Of course I would!!! Who on this forum would not want to make a living hunting and talkingabout hunting?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Would I like to be in their shoes?Of course I would!!! Who on this forum would not want to make a living hunting and talkingabout hunting?
I have stated on here before after talking with people that do it I wouldn't want to.

Much rather be able to hunt good area's without the pressure.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM

Here's my view on "pro-staffers" or whatever you want to call them. It all boils down to marketing certainproducts and selling them. These peopleare ableto draw attention to themselves because of their hunting ability AND their ability to sell. A lot of these guys/gals probably went to school for marketing or have hadsome other type of sales training somewhere. Their ability to promote is better than the average person, not that they are "better" hunters than everyone else. Is Mike Waddela better hunter than I am? Probably, but he has spent 100 times more time in the woods than I have. I would hope that Mike would be good at hunting since that is part of his job. The majority of professionals are all the same, they excell at their sport AND have the ability to sell products. Should these professionals be praised? I know know, but they are just doing their jobs which can be hard work sometimes doing shows/seminars etc. If anyone gets mad at these peoplefor doing their job I think it isfor the most partjealously. Most of these guys have worked their a$$es off to get where they are today so I believe they should get at least a little bit of respect.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Though I rarely watch hunting shows(I'm pretty picky) and I never buy hunting videos anymore I did some serious thinking on what it would be like to be a hunting celebrity. Here is how I envision it:

Meeting and representing the manufacturers who help advertise and help pay for your lifestyle.

Traveling to the various stores for autographs and giving seminars. Traveling throughout the country visiting all the stores that back me doesn't sound like a dream job to me.

Putting on a big smile for the cameras and the public. (insert grouch here)

Attending various deer classics, ATA show, and other various functions throughout the year.

Being away from the family for many days of the year.

The actual hunting itself would be icing on the cake but I think I'll take the way I hunt(being a non-celebrity) over all of that any day of the week.

Sounds like a job to me.

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.