Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS! >

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Gee, just change some of the words around and you could be talking professional sports. I remember going to a Cubs game as a kid,bleachers hot dog a pop,took the L there. Didn't cost much at all, not true today, times change and we all pay for marketing. Buy stuff only on sale, treat it well, buy quality. You can still find hunting land by asking it's just hard to do.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Absolutely no product will make you a better hunter,

So you're still making bows and arrows out of trees and making broadheads from stone?

You hunt in loin cloth ??

Let's not go from one extreme to the other....
I know many who do (except the loincloth part) and do it quite successfully. If you want I can PM you links to picks of nice bucks and bears taken with selfbows and stone points.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: NYBigbucks

I was at a recent Sportsman show and was in a seminar where many so called "Pro Staffers" were there talking about the industry... At the end of the show many people in the audiencewere basically kissing their asses about them taking the time to come and talk to everyone out of their busy schedules.. I couldn't help but to feel angry and disgusted [:@]about how the audience was doing this.. I felt those so called "pro Staffers" should have been kissing our asses and paying us for coming to talk to us since we are the ones as consumers making it possible for them to hunt 12mos. a year..... They think they are professionals because they go on 20 different guided hunts and kill some big animalson those hunts and now they are a pro...orsome type of deer god!

Well some of the best hunters I know, live in single wide trailers, and hunt a couple weeks out of the year because they need the food, and manage to kill mature whitetails wearing red plaid andwithout all the Bull Sh*#t gimmicks like(scent l*ck clothes, special real tr*e camo, scent sprays, feeders, decoys, food plots to grow deer like a cropand any other crap that take away from being a truely skilled hunter).

The whole industry and outdoor network has ruinedhunting for the majority that make up most of the hunters and that is the working class people.. All the beautiful places to hunt in the country like Ohio, Montana,Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois where a working guy could have knocked on a door and got permission to hunt for maybe a fruit basket at the holidays or some good old fashion hard work on a weekend around that farmers land. Those are days that are gone! thanks to The so called"pro Staffers".. They have exploited the industry for profit so much thatnow when you knock on that door you find agrouchy farmer demanding thousands $$for a deer.... And we thank these so called "Pro's" for taking the time to talk to us.... Unbelievable....unbelievable... I sickens me of what they have done to the industry, they have taken the pride away from someone taking a not so big whitetail because everyone is living in fantasy TV land and think you need to kill a 170" deer to be a good hunter....
Then it cracks me up when you hear those big shots of the industry likeBill Jord*nor Jackie Bushwacker telling you to take a kid hunting or fishing as if they give a crap about your kids... The only thing they are thinking about is the future economic growth for their company andfamily to come, and so they can hunt on our dime and we keep buying into their gimmicks.... It is a true shame of what they have done... And don't give me the crap about all the money they generate for wildlife, because I am a working guy and I belong to DU, NWTF, NRA and a couple more and I donate more than I take from wildlife every year... It is the working people that make it happen, not Cobelas, B-ass Pro, Gunder Mtn. or any other big chain.. Bottom line it is the working class people's money from the get go, and we get the crappy end of the stick of inflated prices and no place to hunt unless you got the big $$ bucks..Literally

Well enough wining from me, I just wish everyone would see my point of veiw on this and see the big picture of how we are helping them "Live the Dream" as a so called "Po Staff", "Professional Hunter" or whatever else they call themselves and we are left to keep supplying them with the $$$$$ to do it... I am done buying any videos, I cancelled my subscription to OLN and the Outdoor Network.. You should too.. I am a true hunter and I have taken many P/Y bucksand a few booners the old fashion way like my fore fathers did... by using my god given skills and nothing else.. Everyone hunt hard and live good... God Bless.

Please respond to this forum with your thoughts..

Thanks
I detect supressed feelings of resentment, manifested by feelings of inadequacy. Take 2 pills of something and call Bill Jordan in the morning.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely no product will make you a better hunter,

So you're still making bows and arrows out of trees and making broadheads from stone?

You hunt in loin cloth ??

Let's not go from one extreme to the other....
He didn't say no product will improve your chances of taking a deer. He said no product will make you a better hunter. I agree completely with that part. I know guys who spend thousands of $$ every year and are lousy hunters. No amount of money is going to fix that.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

He didn't say no product will improve your chances of taking a deer. He said no product will make you a better hunter. I agree completely with that part. I know guys who spend thousands of $$ every year and are lousy hunters. No amount of money is going to fix that.
Really they are not 1 in the same???? See how still, you can sit with cold feet. See how quiet you can be with noisy vinyl camo.See if you see more deer from the ground tham perched inthat tree.

Now do you think products can make you a better hunter???? hmmmm

Old 12-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: farmcntry

My question is this:
What isn't becoming a rich man's sport/activity/hobby?
Poker! oh wait ....

Bowling ....

ummmm, motocross....

volleyball??

Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Really they are not 1 in the same???? See how still, you can sit with cold feet. See how quiet you can be with noisy vinyl camo.See if you see more deer from the ground tham perched inthat tree.

Now do you think products can make you a better hunter???? hmmmm

In my younger years, I took many deer wearing a cheap snowmobile suit, boots from the outlet, and no tree stand or blind. I knew where the deer were moving and why. I put myself in likely spots to catch them moving. There are days I could have been wearing a neon sign and taken deer. It always was (and is) more about what you bring in your head than what you bring in your bag.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

See how still, you can sit with cold feet
Boots I wear are Army Issue believe they were waering them in the Korean conflict.
See how quiet you can be with noisy vinyl camo
Good old wool is one of the quetist and warmest things you can wear, been around for awhile.

See if you see more deer from the ground tham perched inthat tree.

Man has figured way's to get off the ground and hunt for along time. Do you like my Summit however.

If you don't know the woods and the animal your huntingyou can wear all the newest and greatest and see nothing. Might get lucky but you won't produce year in year out.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mathews and Scent Lock are the ones that ruined hunting....

Nobody says that you have to buy Real Tree orScent Lock or any of these other products. Load up on plaid and Carhart and go out and hunt. It's not Bill Jordanor Michael Waddell's fault that the hunting industry is booming. Why don't you blame the farmer that now leases his land instead of letting you hunt there for free.

Try therapy it may help you get over these anger issues....
Old 12-18-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't get mad at all the pro staffers like me[8D][8D]

Your just jealous of my superior ability to hunt and my stunning looks

BTW, someone pass the popcorn please

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.