Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS! >

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

I really dont understand why people get so worked up over pro staffers/pro hunters...Sure maybe they arent the best hunters out there...Who cares?!And if you have a problem with them telling you what products to buy...dont buy them...I love living in a country where people can get rich doing what they love...I enjoy watching hunting and fishing on tv and it would be my dream to be able to make a living in the hunting/fishing industry...
Old 12-18-2007, 02:00 PM

Hey, thanks for wasting my time with your whining and crying by luring me in with your "All hunters need to read this" nonsense.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Talondale

What you are seeing is the dark side to a prosperous nation. When people have expendable income, some will not use it as wisely as others and someone else will always be thinking of ways to get that money. (Not that I am condemning the Free Market system, or the Nation's wealth, there are downsides to every system of society and this one is the best despite problems.) We spend more on dogfood then some countries total budget. We love our recreation and are willing to spend money on it. On the upside it allows a lot of people to provide for their families, not just the "Stars" either; the factory worker, the delivery guy, the engineer, envelope stuffer, videographer, marketing agent, etc. For every star we envy/despise there's probably hundreds of "little people", average joes, that are making a living supporting him and selling his goods. Average joes with families that want clothes, food, a nice house and other nice things in life. So if in order to allow a lot of people to have a good life we need to put up with a few conceited "stars", I say the price is small. Is the glass half empty or full? Don't grouse about the negative, look for the positive.
I hope everybody reads what you just wrote here. It is one of the best things I've read.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't watch hunting shows. What is a "Pro-Staffer?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks annika3.

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

The actual hunting itself would be icing on the cake but I think I'll take the way I hunt(being a non-celebrity) over all of that any day of the week.

Sounds like a job to me.
Me, too. I'd rather make it rich, retire at40 (too late)and hunt anonymously. LOL.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHY DO WE ALLOW AMBIGUOUS TITLES?

like...

1) check this out!

2) what?

3) Attention all hunters need to read this!

For the author:
"All it takes for evil men to win is for good men to do nothing." If you trulyfeel as you do, do something about it. Start a campaign, create an anti-pro-staffer website, better yet educate a friend. Be forewarned, human nature for the most part doesn't take kindly to opinionsthat differ fromtheir own. But, I didn't need to tell you that.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: childers

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Hunting will become a rich man's sport, there's no dought about it!
it already is
I know! I use to go out west every year to do some elk hunting but the cost of the license is getting way out of hand for my checkbook! It really sucks because elk hunting is one of the most challenging things i've ever done bow hunting.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

I remember when gas was .20 cents a gallon and the gas stations would have "gas wars" where they each would keep dropping the price below the other to attract customers. My dad would get to work and back for a week on 2 or 3 dollars. Yesterday I put $20 (a bit over 6 gallons). I also remember we could just about hunt anywhere for free. Yes times have changed but I suppose they always have and will. I get mad sometimes when I think about how much leases are going for but I don't fault the landowner. His land. He should be able to do with it or make money with how he chooses as long as its legal. I don't get mad at pro staffers. I'd be doing it if I had the chance. I don't get mad at companies or their marketing. They'd be foolish not to market a product people will buy. ANY product that is successful is primarily because enough people find worth in it. If the product is not good, it will have a short lifespan. I actually am somewhat glad we have big business reliant on the hunting population because at some point our hunting privelages become as important to them as they are us. Take us out of the picture and the business will most definitely suffer. I've never bought one item based on a celebrity hunter. I have bought things based on fellow hunters, many here, have said. I do not think you need the newest, or best bow. Nor the newest, best camo. Certainly not carbon clothing. Any you really don't need the big expensive lease. I use products because I WANT to. I use them because they may help in hunting and certainly don't hurt. I've hunted public land and had a great time and harvested deer. Will having the newest, fastest, bestest, camoest, scent-eliminatingest, or biggest, most expensivest lease mean you will harvest P&Y's. No. But sometimes things coupled with your hunting skills may up your odds of success. If you want to hunt, you can. It may not be the King Ranch or some Iowa honeyhole but I've found even hunting less than ideal situations is still better than not hunting at all. I've gotten my son into hunting and am quite grateful for the small areas I've found to let him experience a bit of hunting. Well, thats my thoughts anyway.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Damn near hasin IL!

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Hunting will become a rich man's sport, there's no dought about it!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats my buddy right there
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
ORIGINAL: Tuco

Nobody in the "Hunting Industry" comes by my house, holds a gun to my head and makes me buy their stuff. I buy what I want because I can and I don't buy stuff Idon't want. If I had 1000 acres in Pike County IL, I would make money on it, as would most people. I could care less how "rich" people get selling aproduct as long as it is legit.

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.