Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS! >

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 PM

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: NYBigbucks

I was at a recent Sportsman show and was in a seminar where many so called "Pro Staffers" were there talking about the industry... At the end of the show many people in the audiencewere basically kissing their asses about them taking the time to come and talk to everyone out of their busy schedules.. I couldn't help but to feel angry and disgusted [:@]about how the audience was doing this.. I felt those so called "pro Staffers" should have been kissing our asses and paying us for coming to talk to us since we are the ones as consumers making it possible for them to hunt 12mos. a year..... They think they are professionals because they go on 20 different guided hunts and kill some big animalson those hunts and now they are a pro...orsome type of deer god!
amen!
[/blockquote]
Old 12-18-2007, 09:24 PM

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Thats my buddy right there
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
ORIGINAL: Tuco

Nobody in the "Hunting Industry" comes by my house, holds a gun to my head and makes me buy their stuff. I buy what I want because I can and I don't buy stuff Idon't want. If I had 1000 acres in Pike County IL, I would make money on it, as would most people. I could care less how "rich" people get selling aproduct as long as it is legit.
MY PROBLEM IS THAT MANY/MOST PRODUCTS ARE NOT LEGIT AND IT BECOMES THEFT BY DECEPTION AT SOME POINT.
SAYING THAT IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL TO FIGURE IT OUT (LIES FROM TRUTH ) IS A POOR EXCUSE FOR EXCUSING THIS BEHAVIOR OF PITCHING PRODUCT THAT CANT DO WHAT IT IS INTENDED TO DO. [:'(]
[/blockquote]
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 PM

ill agree hunting will become a rich man sport!!! the gear is getting to costly, for instance 750 fora bow!! next thing ya know it will be twice as much!!
Well, they are not going to charge more than what hunters are willing to pay. Can't blame someone for responding to consumer demand.

I do hate to see the cost of hunting rising. Andthe little guys will probably be priced out of the market, with respect to hunting land. For example, the farm I hunt on leases the majorityof thehunt-able acreage to guys fromSt. Louis. Why?Two reasons. 1) $10/acre adds up real fast. 2) The last group of hunters thathunted for free took advantage of the situationandput the landowner in a badspot.(Maybe this goes back to GMMAT's post about hunters having a sizeable number of unsavorycharacters. But I digress.)

Looking at those two factors - added income, less headache - how can you blame the landowner/farmer?Yes, the implication is that some of us, myself included, cannot afford to lease quality hunting ground.We must rely on the mercy of others.And thegovernment in providing public land.

The supply of hunting ground is not increasing, so demand is the only thing that could change. And is there ever going to be a decrease in demand? Only if there arefewer hunters.

Butthe common complaint where I live is not that the professional hunters are driving up the cost of land, but that the city people are driving up the cost of land when they are willing to pay thousands to hunt a certain piece of land for 10 days in November.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

WHY DO WE ALLOW AMBIGUOUS TITLES?

like...

1) check this out!

2) what?

3) Attention all hunters need to read this!

For the author:
"All it takes for evil men to win is for good men to do nothing." If you trulyfeel as you do, do something about it. Start a campaign, create an anti-pro-staffer website, better yet educate a friend. Be forewarned, human nature for the most part doesn't take kindly to opinionsthat differ fromtheir own. But, I didn't need to tell you that.
Some of us are just hunters. We say it as we see it. I don't have a problem with the way he did it.

I think we're doing pretty good considering it should'nt be much more than grunting.

In case tou didn't catch it he is doing something right here, talking to other would be supporters of the industry. Unless your a pro whatever, what he's saying can be a benifit to hunters. Cant hurt.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know where you come from, but in the U.S. it's called marketing. If you don't like it leave, I do.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

I think the funniest part of these types of threads is that they're done on a message board that is sustained by the very industry that is so sorely despised by so many people that contribute to it. If it wasn't for the revenue generated by the evil hunting industry that has ruined the sport for so many of you guys, we wouldn't be able to afford to have such a great place for you to all gather together and complain about it.

Party anyone?
This being a business controlled by the industry makes it a perfect place to say it then. A persons place to speak back to the industry.A business can listen or not. What do you think a smart business would do?

Over the years in my work I've given millions to a company that listens, those that didn’t pennies. Respect and disrespect go a long way, up to the seller to decide the direction.

There are 2 kinds of people, the customer and the seller. The customer spends their money and expects to get its worth. The seller does their best to defend its practices, in other words if the consumer complains the seller will do their best to blow off the customer. On the net that often comes in the form of ridicule.

These 2 things are how I've come to judge the sincerity of post in these forms. It influences what I buy and how I talk about a product given the chance. Again it’s up to the seller to decide the direction of the conversation.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Of course I would let you and Ivan hunt on my prime property even though you guys kicked me out of the truck that day going 50mph down a gravel road.BAM![quote]ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Nobody in the "Hunting Industry" comes by my house, holds a gun to my head and makes me buy their stuff. I buy what I want because I can and I don't buy stuff Idon't want. If I had 1000 acres in Pike County IL, I would make money on it, as would most people. I could care less how "rich" people get selling aproduct as long as it is legit.
[/quote]
Old 12-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

My $800 Bow Tech is legit, my $75 a dozen arrows are legit, my $100 Muck Boots are legit, ect. ect. Now some stuff is junk.But you can check these forums and for every product every discussed here on HNI you will find people they work for and others they don't work for. That is why we have a "choice" to purchase or not. I have bought many things that later on I thought were not worth the money, but I would not say they were not legit.
ORIGINAL: shtr.

[/align]

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

MY PROBLEM IS THAT MANY/MOST PRODUCTS ARE NOT LEGIT AND IT BECOMES THEFT BY DECEPTION AT SOME POINT.
SAYING THAT IT IS UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL TO FIGURE IT OUT (LIES FROM TRUTH ) IS A POOR EXCUSE FOR EXCUSING THIS BEHAVIOR OF PITCHING PRODUCT THAT CANT DO WHAT IT IS INTENDED TO DO. [:'(]
[/blockquote]
Old 12-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The Rev

I don't know where you come from, but in the U.S. it's called marketing. If you don't like it leave, I do.
I am not a non religious person but they way I see it, my interpertation of that psalm you quotedis the lord shall privide us with what we need... Need and greed are two different things..And as to your response it seems you are a hypocritical bible thumper.......
Old 12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NYBigbucks

ORIGINAL: The Rev

I am not a non religious person but they way I see it, my interpertation of that psalm you quotedis the lord shall privide us with what we need... Need and greed are two different things..And as to your response it seems you are a hypocritical bible thumper.......

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.