Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS! >

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Go back to Canada... where they don't support the US and our troops!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NYBigbucks

You seem to have an awful lot of hate towards fellow hunters.......................I smell an anti!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

You seem to have an awful lot of hate towards fellow hunters.......................I smell an anti!
Hardly.....

Life Member of NRA
2Life Time Hunting Licenses in 2 states
Member of DU
Member of NWTF
Member of Elk Foundation
Member of 2 hunting clubs
And I am a trapper....

Edit: First warning for the line I deleted here!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

They make deodorant for your problem......
Old 12-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

If you truly support all of those organizations why do you post up non sense that tries to pit hunters against hunters? Having an opinion on a product or company is one thing, but when you start bashing people because they disagree with you,I start to think maybe you are impersonating a real hunter and just trying to cause a rift between people on a hunting site.

You don't like pro-staffers and the hunting industry and you are free to have your opinion, I just find it strange that you would be a member of a website that has a number of pro-staffers as members and also has numerous sponsors from the hunting industry...............

Seems rather contradictory to me
Old 12-21-2007, 08:11 PM

I believe you were refering to me.....if you had a clue as to what you actually said and who you supported you'd be eating crow right now.

Oh yeah....I'm not from Canada......I'm from the good ol USA.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't believe this rediculous thread is still going!
Why's that?
Old 12-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d
I'd rather talk to you guys who are out there battling the same things I face. Finding land, scouting, passing immature bucks, balancing life with hunting time..etc. I can benefit from your expiriences.
Thats right!!! Just like any other business in this world, hunting has sky rocketed in the past few years in popularity... Do you remember Harley Davidson motorcycles when you could buy a new Custom Softail for $13,000.00...? Then all the yuppies (people with money...Doctors, lawyers, I.T. guys/gals) started to buy them. When Harley saw such an increase in sales and did market research, they realized that the people buying all these new bikes had an average household income of $113,500.00a year. The prices sky rocketed and then you had such a back log of orders for new bikes that you had to be put on a waiting list for up to 3 years for a new bike. Well, welcome to 2008...Where hunting will only continue to get bigger and heavier in price for the normal working class/blue collar guy/gal. Look at it this way...Harley has cooled off and prices for the bikes have come back down. The hunting industry will do the same thing... they will peak and then fall back off and the prices will come back down. Remember too, inflation has played a part in this as well, and you also have to consider what the market will bare. But like some of you guys have stated...hunting has become too commercialized, I don't like it either, but just like deer have to adapt to changing enviroments... we as hunters have to do the same.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

If you truly support all of those organizations why do you post up non sense that tries to pit hunters against hunters? Having an opinion on a product or company is one thing, but when you start bashing people because they disagree with you,I start to think maybe you are impersonating a real hunter and just trying to cause a rift between people on a hunting site.

You don't like pro-staffers and the hunting industry and you are free to have your opinion, I just find it strange that you would be a member of a website that has a number of pro-staffers as members and also has numerous sponsors from the hunting industry...............

Seems rather contradictory to me
I ama hunter, I eat, sleep and breath it...

I absolutely don't want to pit hunters against each other and everyone has a right to their opinion.. I spoke straight and forward on my thread and I expected the same with my responses. It agrevates me when people bash my opinion like you did... Just state you disagree and give your reasons.. I don't begrudge the pro staff people, I just don't feel they are all they are cracked up to be as far as their hunting skills on what they market themselves.. That is all.. As far as products, I buy some things, but most things are gimmicks that are riding on Prostaff's backs as what is making them a incredible hunter.. If we all had time, unlimited funds, and a camera man,couldn't we all kill or have opportunities to take big deer and other animals... Would that make me an authority on Hunting???? I am not saying all, but most Pro Staff hunt with outfitters that do all the scouting, stand placements, leg work for them.. How can they say that they are an authority on deer??? It is the guide that is.. maybe he should be endorsing what works for him...

Example: I bought a video from a local hunting store that was produced by 3 local guys that are young but did a great job with it and it's editing.. They never killed a P&Y buck on the video.... Lots of kills and none of the mistakes, mishaps were edited out... They did deer drives, hunted on the ground, and they had misses, a couple of bad hits, but most were great kills.. Nothing was edited out to make them look like they were great hunters.. It was REAL...and I enjoyed it very much because most hunters experience that.I have seen so many videos were pro staff guys have taken very very poor shots on the deer and never act like they did something wrong... Stan P*tts shot a huge 190" deer straight on in the front.. How is that being a pro... It is our ethical responsiblity to take clean kills.. Not saying I haven't done it when I was starting out at the ages of 13 and 14 butI progressed to be a better hunter andI also don't proclaim to be any kind of a pro, and I regreted those times undoubtedly thinking back...

My last point is that I just miss when hunting was just hunting... where you didn't need all the gimmicks and the kitchen sink.. Believe me I bought into the products for many years, but it wasn't till the last 5-6yrs I have just simplified down on gear and I go out an just hunt hard and I still kill alot of respectful deer.The industry seems like a cult now, and it made it hard for a working class guy to enjoy good hunting without emptying the bank.. To me this is going to drive guys not to hunt anymore... You know I have valid points and you may not care. I just wondered if anyone else felt the same.. As far as my remarks toward you , I apologize but dont think for one minute I don't love hunting... My life, job and everything else has been built around hunting because I have passion for it.. Have a Merry Christmas..and Happy Hunting.

NYBigbucks.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shawnfogelman

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d
I'd rather talk to you guys who are out there battling the same things I face. Finding land, scouting, passing immature bucks, balancing life with hunting time..etc. I can benefit from your expiriences.
Thats right!!! Just like any other business in this world, hunting has sky rocketed in the past few years in popularity... Do you remember Harley Davidson motorcycles when you could buy a new Custom Softail for $13,000.00...?
I rode long before that. I was saying when they were 13,000 remember when they were 6,000.

Harleys haven't been the same since theyare no longer a dirty word. Harleys were at one time the wild horse that roamed the open range. Money was not the issue in riding one. Mine never had a saddle. Rode it bare back, leather saddle bags and a bed roll.

It was a time when a guy if he wanted in was required to do things, things that... One was if a guy got some new pants they couldn't be worn until all had baptized them with their golden water while they laid in the dirt. That was one of the milder things. A guy on a Harley scared the crap out of people. They were for the guy who didn't fit with all the "beautiful people". There's an old saying about dressing up a pig, still a pig. For some reason it become fashionable for the beautiful people to dress up as hogs.

I think that's the point the author of this thread is trying to make. The mountain man was at one time the outcast; he didn't fit in with the beautiful people. These days the beautiful people parade themselves around as mountain men. They've taken away from the outcast the only thing they really have, his individuality; He can’t afford it. Being push out of his hovel. Kind of like the tax man and bankers used to do to poor farmers.

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.