Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS! >

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Old 12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Do you need a hug tuco?? We will throw you out on pavement next time [8D]
ORIGINAL: Tuco

Of course I would let you and Ivan hunt on my prime property even though you guys kicked me out of the truck that day going 50mph down a gravel road.BAM![quote]ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Thats my buddy right there
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
ORIGINAL: Tuco

Nobody in the "Hunting Industry" comes by my house, holds a gun to my head and makes me buy their stuff. I buy what I want because I can and I don't buy stuff Idon't want. If I had 1000 acres in Pike County IL, I would make money on it, as would most people. I could care less how "rich" people get selling aproduct as long as it is legit.
[/quote]
Old 12-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: NYBigbucks

ORIGINAL: The Rev

I don't know where you come from, but in the U.S. it's called marketing. If you don't like it leave, I do.
I am not a non religious person but they way I see it, my interpertation of that psalm you quotedis the lord shall privide us with what we need... Need and greed are two different things..And as to your response it seems you are a hypocritical bible thumper.......
Wow, that was out of line. And despite what you claim you sure sound like someone who is anti-religious, or has anti-religious issues.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

For once I think I will keep my mouth shut.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Fork Horn

waaa. has the florida real estate market got you down? if you cant afford those hunts now then hunt public property like the rest of us
Old 12-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Pro staffers and pro hunters do not bother me. I enjoy some of their shows. What upsets me is the ever growing inability to hunt unless you pay big bucks for it. If I did not own my own land, Id be hard pressed for a place to hunt. Where i live, you use to be able to ask a farmer/rancher if you could hunt his land. Most of the time he would say sure, just take care of the place. Now you get, "sorry, I lease the rights to X outfitters". And to hunt that very land you will be paying 500 to 1000 bucks a weekend to hunt it. I guess I could quit complaining and w h o r e out my land, but I refuse to. My family, close friends, and I enjoy it for free. And thats how it will stay.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Spike

I don't watch any of their shows or buy their videos. The stuff they promote is too expensive and their Baloney doesn't sit well with me anyway. I don't need a so called Pro to tell me what to use or how to hunt. The only thing I would like is to huntwhere they hunt.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Spike

I read the first 4 pages of this post, that's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back and I'm dumber for it.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think one reason that many may begrudge "pro staffers" is the representation of themselves (in many cases) asbeing a better hunter and therefore an "authority" on hunting.

Thereare few who could argue that Tiger Woods is not the best golfer in the world or that Michael Jordan is not the best basketball player and that their own competitive accomplishments have rightly given them a certain authority to speak on subjects related to their sport.

However, although hunting is an individual sport, many have come to place the "size of the deer (or animal)killed" in direct relation to a hunters ability. This is not always accurate when it comes down to it...especially regarding these "pro-staffers". I'm not saying that there is not some correlationbetween hunting abilityand animal size, but"ability" is not always the main ingredient and becomes incrementally smaller, imo,as more andmoreof the "pre-hunt work" is performed by someone other than the person pulling the trigger, which is often the case with these "recognizeable figures" in the hunting industry.

You can be on TV, etc.because you are a great marketer or businessman although you may or may not be able to "hunt"or "fish" a lick. Still, there are some legitimate experts out there...just probably not as many as some would think.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Well as a matter of fact thats what I do... I amin land and property accquisitions.. And I am litterally buying a property per week thank you... I made all my money buying not selling... Believe me, I can afford to hunt anywhere in the world, and I have hunted all over north america... My thread was not based solely on money.. It was in defense of the working class people, which is what I have always been.. and what the so called professional hunting industry has turned deer hunting into...

By the way, when you get ready to retire and want to move to FL call me and I will sell you a property!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

I can't believe this rediculous thread is still going!

Quick Reply: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.