HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:17 AM
NYBigbucks
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

ORIGINAL: lungbuster12point06

If you truly support all of those organizations why do you post up non sense that tries to pit hunters against hunters? Having an opinion on a product or company is one thing, but when you start bashing people because they disagree with you,I start to think maybe you are impersonating a real hunter and just trying to cause a rift between people on a hunting site.

You don't like pro-staffers and the hunting industry and you are free to have your opinion, I just find it strange that you would be a member of a website that has a number of pro-staffers as members and also has numerous sponsors from the hunting industry...............

Seems rather contradictory to me
I ama hunter, I eat, sleep and breath it...

I absolutely don't want to pit hunters against each other and everyone has a right to their opinion.. I spoke straight and forward on my thread and I expected the same with my responses. It agrevates me when people bash my opinion like you did... Just state you disagree and give your reasons.. I don't begrudge the pro staff people, I just don't feel they are all they are cracked up to be as far as their hunting skills on what they market themselves.. That is all.. As far as products, I buy some things, but most things are gimmicks that are riding on Prostaff's backs as what is making them a incredible hunter.. If we all had time, unlimited funds, and a camera man,couldn't we all kill or have opportunities to take big deer and other animals... Would that make me an authority on Hunting???? I am not saying all, but most Pro Staff hunt with outfitters that do all the scouting, stand placements, leg work for them.. How can they say that they are an authority on deer??? It is the guide that is.. maybe he should be endorsing what works for him...

Example: I bought a video from a local hunting store that was produced by 3 local guys that are young but did a great job with it and it's editing.. They never killed a P&Y buck on the video.... Lots of kills and none of the mistakes, mishaps were edited out... They did deer drives, hunted on the ground, and they had misses, a couple of bad hits, but most were great kills.. Nothing was edited out to make them look like they were great hunters.. It was REAL...and I enjoyed it very much because most hunters experience that.I have seen so many videos were pro staff guys have taken very very poor shots on the deer and never act like they did something wrong... Stan P*tts shot a huge 190" deer straight on in the front.. How is that being a pro... It is our ethical responsiblity to take clean kills.. Not saying I haven't done it when I was starting out at the ages of 13 and 14 butI progressed to be a better hunter andI also don't proclaim to be any kind of a pro, and I regreted those times undoubtedly thinking back...

My last point is that I just miss when hunting was just hunting... where you didn't need all the gimmicks and the kitchen sink.. Believe me I bought into the products for many years, but it wasn't till the last 5-6yrs I have just simplified down on gear and I go out an just hunt hard and I still kill alot of respectful deer.The industry seems like a cult now, and it made it hard for a working class guy to enjoy good hunting without emptying the bank.. To me this is going to drive guys not to hunt anymore... You know I have valid points and you may not care. I just wondered if anyone else felt the same.. As far as my remarks toward you , I apologize but dont think for one minute I don't love hunting... My life, job and everything else has been built around hunting because I have passion for it.. Have a Merry Christmas..and Happy Hunting.

NYBigbucks.