HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:32 AM
shawnfogelman
Fork Horn

Default RE: ***ATTENTION All Hunters NEED TO READ THIS!

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d
I'd rather talk to you guys who are out there battling the same things I face. Finding land, scouting, passing immature bucks, balancing life with hunting time..etc. I can benefit from your expiriences.
Thats right!!! Just like any other business in this world, hunting has sky rocketed in the past few years in popularity... Do you remember Harley Davidson motorcycles when you could buy a new Custom Softail for $13,000.00...? Then all the yuppies (people with money...Doctors, lawyers, I.T. guys/gals) started to buy them. When Harley saw such an increase in sales and did market research, they realized that the people buying all these new bikes had an average household income of $113,500.00a year. The prices sky rocketed and then you had such a back log of orders for new bikes that you had to be put on a waiting list for up to 3 years for a new bike. Well, welcome to 2008...Where hunting will only continue to get bigger and heavier in price for the normal working class/blue collar guy/gal. Look at it this way...Harley has cooled off and prices for the bikes have come back down. The hunting industry will do the same thing... they will peak and then fall back off and the prices will come back down. Remember too, inflation has played a part in this as well, and you also have to consider what the market will bare. But like some of you guys have stated...hunting has become too commercialized, I don't like it either, but just like deer have to adapt to changing enviroments... we as hunters have to do the same.