Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm back.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default I'm back.

[/align]
[blockquote]I took some time off from the old computer. In that month or so; I have made some decisions. My seasons [so far] can only be described as pure comedy. Lets see if you can tell what all happened to me this year. I have decided to go with the whisker biscuit instead of my fall away rest. I plan to still use my luminoks, just a little more carefully. I am getting a new hoist line[one that closes better.]. I plan to put my grunt tube on a lanyard instead of in my pack. I also plan to use a soft sided grunt tube. Finally; no matter what tags I have , I plan to only shoot button bucks or big bucks[ no tweeners]. That mistake cost me my buck tag. Three and .25 inches of horn. Under three is considered antlerless in Ohio. Now my bow is back in tune. My pack is somewhat lighter,and I wont carry my nextel phone with me until I get it fixed. Hopefully the last part of my season will be better.

[/align][/blockquote]
Old 12-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'm back.

cant comeplain at lest your in the woods.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have decided to go with the whisker biscuit instead of my fall away rest.
You had your arrow fall off at a defining moment?

I plan to still use my luminoks, just a little more carefully.
Failed you?

I am getting a new hoist line[one that closes better.
Dropped your bow hauling it up or it let loose and left it on the ground?

I plan to put my grunt tube on a lanyard instead of in my pack. I also plan to use a soft sided grunt tube.
You couldn't get to it fast enough and then made too much noise with it scaring a buck?

Finally; no matter what tags I have , I plan to only shoot button bucks or big bucks[ no tweeners]. That mistake cost me my buck tag. Three and .25 inches of horn. Under three is considered antlerless in Ohio.
Why on earth would you shoot button bucks? You made a mistake and shot a spike thinking it was a doe? Still no reason to shoot button bucks.

and I wont carry my nextel phone with me until I get it fixed.
Did it beep and cost you a deer?

Hopefully the last part of my season will be better.
Hope so too.

Did I win anything?
Old 12-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
[/align]Yup on almost everything. My luminok and fall away rest combined to cost me a deer. I would keep a finger wrapped over my arrow to keep it from falling off my rest. I went to draw on a doe and forgot to take my finger down first. No big deal right? With a normal nock in my arrow ; it would have just slid under my finger. the luminok ,however; pulled right out of the arrow. Leaving me at half draw with my arrow in two pieces. When I got it back together;I had no shot. I sat down to wait on another shot but, I forgot to put my finger back on the arrow. That is when my arrow fell off and tapped on my riser. I would shoot a button buck for the meat. the first deer I take each year is usually for the meat. Button bucks don't count as bucks in Ohio so they are fair game for that purpose. I know it isn't the best herd management strategy but, I have limited time in the feild. When it comes down to knocking the spots off of one or no jerky at Thanksgiving, guess who's losing their spots.[/blockquote]
Old 12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]