Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made! >

North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

BigJ.....I'm disappointed. You were within +/-1hr. from my home when you stopped for the night. I'd have loved to have had that drink with ya!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Site Bouncer

I'm not kidding, I saw lots and lots of nice shooter bucks just kickin back on the side of the road eating and what not especially through West Virginia. I almost rear ended a big rig because I was too busy looking at the deer.[]

For those of you who haven't been on the West Virginia I 77 Turnpike...it's not the place to be looking at anything but the road![&:]
Old 11-27-2007, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: gutshot

So which way did you come through WV?
I took I64 to I77 Toll Road south through West Virginia. We stayed in Wytheville Virginia for the night.

Great drive, I've done it a few times and I enjoy it every time. It reminds me of driving through the Rockies....only not as steep and not as many truck run-offs. I swear there is one every mile through the Rockies.
It's pretty country around wytheville. The raleigh area does hold some good bucks also in NC. Some big ones in northern NC in pender, halifax, northampton counties. Definately plenty of deer here in eastern nc but it would literally take 10 seasons of hard hunting to kill a 130, unless you are lucky. The potential is here if they would do away with rifle hunting and bowhunt like in illinois i wouldn't have to drive 17 hours to get there every year.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted state land in W.V. for afew years with my Stepdad and our camp had 6 guys. We would limit out the first day every year(gun season). So when I see some of these guys wine how tuff they got it hunting state land in W.V. I gotta laugh. You want tuff,Hunt Mich State land.God be with you if you do
Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, I am glad I live in NC - but have not been fortunate to see a lot of big bucks on the roadway - but we have a good population
Old 11-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big J you're right about the Turnpike it ain't for the squeemish.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I might settle in the Raleigh Duram areawhere one of my daughters livein the very near future. This is encouraging
Old 11-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Isn't it one of Murphy's Laws that one will see more deer when you have a steering wheel in hand than you do when you've got a bow and/or rifle/shotgun?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

BigJ.....I'm disappointed. You were within +/-1hr. from my home when you stopped for the night. I'd have loved to have had that drink with ya!
I appreciate that Jeff.ButI knew I'd be rolling in late at night and traveling with the kids and all. Also it would have been pretty difficult finding a place at 3:00 am, hell I was lucky to find a gas station open!

You can bet that if I ever get down there with time on my hands I'll be sending you a PM before I go.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah...you coulda stayed here (our home)fora signed football......a fifth of Wild Turkey.....a knife sharpening lesson and a few hunting lies.

Quick Reply: North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.