Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made! >

North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

Old 11-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia Have It Made!

Yea that is what you would like us to think you saw. What it actually was, fake deer. That is right the game warden put them out there to catch the renegaders that hunt the side of the road, and yesI have seen it on the interstate.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

I seriously don't know what part of West Virginia you traveled through, maybe the eastern part that borders Virginia or Maryland but West Virginia doesn't have nearly the deer you are claiming. You might have seen a few but as many West Virginia state deer hunters (as well as the DNR's estimates and totals) will tell you, WV's hunting has dwindled drastically in the last 5 years. Sure you'll occasionally see a "nice" buck (8-10 points with an 18" spread) but for the most part the states deer population has dropped mainly because of the poor management WV's states DNR has done. Like the fellow said earlier about most hunters in WV that have the mentality of "if it's brown it's down", that plus the fact of all the extra permits and tags sold for $20.00 fro and extra buck really slaughtered WV's deer herd. I think it was a couple years back in WV that you could legally harvest 10-12 deer. Do the math, a state as small as West Virginia and you can take over 10 deer and their neighboring state of Pennsylvania with the states enormous sizewith an antler restriction and they can only take one buck? Something has to give and it has.
P.S. Check your directions next time you think you were in West Virginia, you very well might have been in Pennsylvania, Virginia or Maryland..........You'll know when you're in West Virginia, there signs read "OPEN FOR BUSSINESS"
RidgeFACTOR,

P.S.
I think I know what states I was driving in.PLUS if you actually read my other posts you would know exactly what roads I was traveling on through those statesas well.I traveled right smack through the western part of West Virginia. I took I 64 to I 77 south through Virginia.

I wouldn't have started this thread had I not seen the deer I'm claiming to have seen....I did. I'm sorry you don't have them in the area you hunt but I suggest you find some property to hunt ANYWHERE up and down the I 77 Turnpike because they were on the side of the road the whole time I was on it. They were even less than a 1/2 mile away from the toll booths.

Welp we gotem but i dont see em that much, mostly while driving on the Parkway[&:]What counties of Va did you go through?
buck master 101,

Whatever counties I 77 runs throughare the ones I was in. Looking at the map I believe that would be, Bland, Wythe andCarrol...I think. We stopped in Wytheville for the night. I took I 77 all the way through Virginia.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

I seriously don't know what part of West Virginia you traveled through, maybe the eastern part that borders Virginia or Maryland but West Virginia doesn't have nearly the deer you are claiming. You might have seen a few but as many West Virginia state deer hunters (as well as the DNR's estimates and totals) will tell you, WV's hunting has dwindled drastically in the last 5 years. Sure you'll occasionally see a "nice" buck (8-10 points with an 18" spread) but for the most part the states deer population has dropped mainly because of the poor management WV's states DNR has done. Like the fellow said earlier about most hunters in WV that have the mentality of "if it's brown it's down", that plus the fact of all the extra permits and tags sold for $20.00 fro and extra buck really slaughtered WV's deer herd. I think it was a couple years back in WV that you could legally harvest 10-12 deer. Do the math, a state as small as West Virginia and you can take over 10 deer and their neighboring state of Pennsylvania with the states enormous sizewith an antler restriction and they can only take one buck? Something has to give and it has.
P.S. Check your directions next time you think you were in West Virginia, you very well might have been in Pennsylvania, Virginia or Maryland..........You'll know when you're in West Virginia, there signs read "OPEN FOR BUSSINESS"
RidgeFACTOR,

P.S.
I think I know what states I was driving in.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is no doubt that we do have a lot of deer in WV and that there aare some really nice shooters also you do have to look hard form them tho I can understand just how you saw so many as this year this isnt much at all for them to eat in the woods. I have saw more deer in the fields this year then in all my past years hunting and I have been at it for over 45 years. Before bow season came in my wife and I saw 8 bucks in one field here in Monroe co at the same time along with about 40 does but the problem there was no hunting allowed at all the farmers here just dont believe in letting you hunt at all they would rather complain about the deer and get the permits to kill them before season even comes in. And it is pretty much the same all the way up I77 and I64 and 69 nearly all private land with no hunting allowed.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

Uhhh... BigJ, those were, uh, cows... Not deer, just cows with uh, funny lookin' horns. That's how we grow beef down here. [:-]Shhhh
Old 11-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I-77!!!!!???????? You were -20minutes from my house!!did you give fore-warning for this trip, you coulda stopped by and seen some of usDang, No love from Big J

Everybody that BigJ passed and did not stop and see.... Were layin the smackdown.......soon....