Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 having problem with rage >

having problem with rage

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

having problem with rage

Old 11-09-2007, 06:44 PM

Default having problem with rage

i started shooting the rage 2blade this year. my friend told me about them. im just wondering has any body else had a problem with penatration. i shot a nice 6 point at 15 yards . it broke one rib but stuck in the other side. the deer ran 75 yards then crashed. i noticed alot of hair in the o ring. i shhot a reflex growler 70# 28" draw and shoot 2"blazer quick spins. any coments wood be helpful. thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: having problem with rage

I used them and didn't like the penetration I was getting either. I switched back to my old setup. A lot of people like them, and by some of the results I have seenthey are definantly working for them.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah had no luck with rages either, shot the same deer twice on different ocassions with same result. Shoulder on the first one, my bad any shoulder hit sucks but I have had no problem with muzzys passing through on shoulder hits. And the second time I hit rib and shoulder when he was 1/4 away and he smiled at me both times as he ran off. I shot a 70 pound bowtech tribute with 300 grain arrows and 100 grain rage two broadhead. He is still chasing does on our farm, but he won't get shot by me anymore with a bow because I took myself out of the woods. He is about five years old now and have sheds from the last two years of him and last years sheds scored in the high 140's but that is takinga 16 inch spread.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

I'm also shooting the rage 2 blades. I really like them, I shot a 160Lbs does this year and had a pass through. Broke3 ribs, 2 on the entrance and 1 on the exit side. The arrow went 4 inches or more into the ground. Blades still sharp and intact. The only thing I don't like is the little screw that holds the blades together. The head that i shot the deer with, ittook me forever to take out the screw to clean it and put back together. Other than the screw it's a very good head.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I can't stand them. You couldn't run fast enough to give me a set of them.

[/align]
Old 11-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Wolf651

I'm also shooting the rage 2 blades. I really like them, I shot a 160Lbs does this year and had a pass through. Broke3 ribs, 2 on the entrance and 1 on the exit side. The arrow went 4 inches or more into the ground. Blades still sharp and intact. The only thing I don't like is the little screw that holds the blades together. The head that i shot the deer with, ittook me forever to take out the screw to clean it and put back together. Other than the screw it's a very good head.
Same. My double lung shot blasted through 2 ribs on the way in and one on the way out. I love them, you couldnt pay me not to use them.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

Ok this is my first year shooting the Rage and I'm using the 2 blade version....Shot 3 deer so far this year and the DEVISTATION is amazzzzzzzing.....But I have not got a clean blow thru yet...1st hit was a spine shot so I didn't expect it....The 2nd as a slightly quartering to/gut shot....all but the last 6" passes thru but the deer bedded down 60yds from where I shot it and died(found it the next day...When in doubt....BACK OUT)...My 3rd was yesterday and it was a perfect broadside double lung hit....I found the arrow about 15 yards from where I hit the deer but the blood trail it left was enuff a BLIND Man could of tracked it...I'm the worlds worst tracker cause I'm partially color blind but this was easy for even me.....I won't shoot anything but the Rage 2 blade now...Even with the arrow in the deer I shot yesterday the blood trail from where I shot her to the arrow was amazzzzzzzing.... You don't like your Rage 2 blades...Send them to me.....I'll put them to good use....

P.S. I have some Rage 3 blades but haven't tried them yet...
Old 11-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

My cousin shot a spike the other night 1/4 away with the rage 2 blades. He said when he hit the deer there was a mist of blood off both sides and a blood trail a blind man could follow. Deer only went 20 yards then got caught between 2 trees and hung himself.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:17 AM

Shot a 6pt a week ago with rage 2blade. Did not like how easy the blade moved while in stand. However, the damage to the deer more than made me a believer. Looked more devastating than a gun wound. 1/4 away shot a little back did not pass completely thru, but deer only went 60yds with that 2in hole. Good experience.