Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage broad head problem. >

Rage broad head problem.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage broad head problem.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rage broad head problem.

I just got back from Colorado and I had a problem with the Rage. I noticed when I had an arrow knocked one or more of the blades would come loose. When I had an Elk come into I shot only to see the arrow take off and the sound of a lot of air like a fan as the arrow was in flight.

Has anyone else experienced this? The more I think about this the more I get worried it may cost me another trophy. By the way the Elk was a 6x5 with about a 40" spread.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage broad head problem.

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: 130woodman

I just got back from Colorado and I had a problem with the Rage. I noticed when I had an arrow knocked one or more of the blades would come loose. When I had an Elk come into I shot only to see the arrow take off and the sound of a lot of air like a fan as the arrow was in flight.

Has anyone else experienced this? The more I think about this the more I get worried it may cost me another trophy. By the way the Elk was a 6x5 with about a 40" spread.
Only about half of the people who post about Rage heads. They are suspect at best. Rocky Mountain Snypers.[/blockquote]
Old 09-20-2007, 04:47 PM

That's my problem w/ the Rage as well, the retention system. The blades will deploy when I put them in my quiver, so I have to MAKE CERTAIN they are enclosed before I shoot them.....I'm not a fan at all...
Old 09-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another Rocky Mountain Snyper fan but I do like the Rage with Rick James solution fix.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Do you really think that should be a necessity Rob? I know you love Snypers as well. Snypers have the band in front by design not modification. I don't meen to seem angry. I thought you might post on this one and I wanted to reply. I am short on time or I would try to find a nicer way to get my point across. See ya gotta go to my second job. That's why I'm Standsleeper

[/align]
Old 09-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Never shot the two blade, but didn't like the 3 blade. Too much going on mechanically, blades actually interfere with one another upon deployment. They do have a great marketing department though. By me in NY, the rumor is that they may even be illegal to use because they might be considered a barbed broadhead.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

No it shouldn't be necessary and obviously Rage as a design flaw and the bands should come on them and it'd be fixed. Snypers have the bands for a reason so it's not like we're against bands right? If Rage came with the bands, they'd be fine. I'll continue to shoot Snypers and Muzzy's until one or both are not available, then perhaps I'll try the Rage and add the bands or by that time perhaps they'll be added from the manuf.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the problem is within the operator! I believe gentelmen are pushing them to hard into there quiver! Or not checking there o-rings. Good idea Rickjames but not necessary. I killed 2 deer last year with the same head and o-ring if you take the time to inspect your equipment you will be fine. I never had a problem. I believe the guys having problems are use to fixed blades and not checking there blades properly.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 PM

You may have a bad pack of broadheads. I shoot Rage 2 Blade and have never had a problem.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Another Rocky Mountain Snyper fan but I do like the Rage with Rick James solution fix.

I posted on this a few weeks back. I would highly reccomend anyone using the Rage BH to use rubberbands on them. I found mine opening on the shot without the bands. When they did, my shots were not consistent. The rubber bands solve the premature opening problem.

Quick Reply: Rage broad head problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.