Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is it time for  scent drags yet? >

Is it time for scent drags yet?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it time for scent drags yet?

Old 11-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Is it time for scent drags yet?

I just bought the Doe estrus and drag combo from Code Blue. I was thinking of giving it a try tomorrow night. Should I try it or, should I leave it for another time? Am I using good stuff or should I get something else? Do I need to do anything to my drag to make it scent free? Any info would be great. I don't usually use a drag.

[/align]
Old 11-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it time for scent drags yet?

depending on your location, now is a pretty prime time for scent usage.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the bucks seem like they are going to doe beds in the morning checking in... I'd definitely start scenting.
The bucks are not chasing here yet but are checking on the does in the area... I started putting scent wicks out last weekend...
Old 11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

depends on where ya are but most likely it would be a good time to at least try. even if it doesn't bring one in while your hunting a buck might come through later trying to find the hot doe. and keep checking that area for one. i know they are just now starting to work here in missouri. and code blue is a pretty good compnay. i use them as well as scent shield's "still steamin"
Old 11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]I live in Columbus, Ohio. Germ, It's O.K. to respond to my posts. I'm not a Buckeye fan.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:57 PM

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

[/align]I live in Columbus, Ohio. Germ, It's O.K. to respond to my posts. I'm not a Buckeye fan.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:14 PM

Well I can tell you this I am in michigan and have hunted about 4 days this week and I can tell you that the bucks are in rut. They have been chasing the does all week. I am expecting the rut to be in full swing here by tuesday or thursday. It is supposed to snow tuesday so that is a huge blessing for the rut. I also have the code blue estrus and I have not used it yet but heard great things about it. Never used a drag though. The bucks are not feeding much though my trail cam has pictures of a nice buck at 702 am at my feeder. His neck is huge! I would stay in the woods as much as possible if you can now is the best time to catch a buck off his square. I seen three different sets of does with bucks right on their tail sniffin at 8 am broad daylight in open fields today,which tell me that bucks are pretty vulnerable right now for the next two weeks. get in the woods everyone!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

I wish I had more time to scout. I hardly get out to hunt . It's been two weeks since I have been out. I did get to go out two Saturdays in a row though. It was awsome. One week there weren't any scrapes.The next week there were two 50yds from my stand and, as big as my truck tires.

[/align]