Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

coyotes

Old 10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coyotes

Like most things waiting, that is all a matter of where you get your information. If your argument is based on statistics then you need to reevaluate your position because as a guy who works with statistics for a living, I can present the same information to you 12 different ways and each way could convince you of something different and contradictory.

Coyotes are one of the most destructive animals on the planet.

Wolves are responsible for a great reduction in the % of elk being impregnated. So, it isn't only how many they kill, but how many aren't born because of them.

I know it is a touchy subject and I totally respect your position. The above is just mine.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Coyotes eat mostly rabbits, mice and bugs and stuff.
Ever walk around the outside of a coyote den?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why would anyone want to shoot a coyote anyway?

Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Anyone ever walk up to onecaught ina trap?
i trsp them ever yeat and idk about 1 female bein in heat they usually start in about jan. but yes i have seen some they are very bad in my area. but i have never personally seen a pack that big but i do know a guy whp hunted close to me who saw 12 at once..
Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: waiting_for_a_gift

I only kill what I'm going to eat, and I feel that should be a rule. Crow hunting is ridiculous. Coyotes eat mostly rabbits, mice and bugs and stuff. Deer are a very small part of their diet, and shooting a coyote isn't going to make any significant difference to your game hunting. Same holds true with wolves. Yes, they take deer, but if you do the math, they don't take enough to significantly affect deer hunting.
forgot birds, turkeys and phesants around my parts mostly. I don't have to do the math, wildlife bio's do that for us, I soon hope to be the one who IS in fact doing the math
Old 10-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

You think what you please "waiting for a gift" but if noone shot coyotes and they were left to roam free, the deer population would go way down... They kill way more deer than you think.. they do affect deer hunting whether you realize it or not..
its okay to be wrong