Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 !#%*! Coyotes !!! >

!#%*! Coyotes !!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

!#%*! Coyotes !!!

Old 01-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default !#%*! Coyotes !!!

With only 3 days left in the season I rushed out to my stand today hoping to get a shot on a doe that I had seen yesterday. After an 1 1/2 hours in the stand the sun was going down as were my hopes of seeing anything. All of a sudden I see a doe then another doe slowly moving my way thru what is left of the corn field. They get about 60 yards out from me and freeze just staring into the tree line, for 3-4 minutes they don't move, they're only focused on the tree line, then I hear something come tearing out the other side of the trees. STUPID COYOTE he comes out and stays on the opposite side of the trees from the deer but they won't move. It's really getting dark and the wind is changing directions. Finally they make their way right to where I want them 25 yards out but it's too dark to take the shot and the big doe catches wind of me but couldn't figure out where I was. Stupid coyote cost me some meat in the freezer.
If that coyote ever comes into range he's mine!! I have seen him all year long
but never had a problem with him spooking deer.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:58 PM

Default RE: !#%*! Coyotes !!!

Ya Ya stick em stick em gooooood. Around here they are considered varmits as I guess in all places no season. That would make me mad too.
Old 01-13-2004, 02:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's a bummer about that yote ruining your chance. Out here yotes consider both varmits and helpful reason being because the rabbits and such that destroy the farmer's crops and such. I cant wait till i get a chance to get one with a bow. I know it wouldnt be easy but willing to try. [:-]
Old 01-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Ventilate him at first opportunity. Then, if you know there are more around, string it's corpse up on one of the frequently used coyote trails leading to your hunting area. This should take care of your problem.
Old 01-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know how you feel. I've also had a red fox respond to my turkey call and scare off the big gobbler that was just about in range--he was out of season though, so I couldn't shoot him. [:@]
Old 01-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-13-2004, 12:47 PM

hammerman i had a similar experience in elk season last year. It was the last day of the season and i was on the ground hiding in a little clump of hazel brush on the bushline of my wheat field. A cow and a calf walked out about 80 yards away and started walking down the bushline towards me. I click on my release and was waiting. Then i see 1 coyote come trottin out from the river towars the elk. The coyote tried to get at the calf for about 5 minutes while the cow was trying to chase him off. It was really something to watch but when the coyote left and went else where so did the cow and calf.