Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys.... >

Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

Old 10-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

GMMAT regardless of anything congrats. You did what you felt correct. do not over think it.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, Frank. You're right. The longer it goes....the better I feel. Thank you, so much.

We're looking forward to seeing all you guys, next weekend.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, first off congrats on the buck and making a good shot and a clean kill. I really don't think you should get yourself down at all about shooting that deer. He is fine buck and one to be proud of. Yes, there is a possibility that he could have survived his injury, but there is also a good chance that he could have gotten an infection that would have lead to an agonizing death. You did what you thought was best for the deer and that was the right decision. Be happy not down buddy that's how you should feel right now (even if your teammates are sore at you ).

Chin up.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

awsome job, i love when someone gets to do the right thing and put down a deer thats injured like that. cool looking rack with that tallbrow. congrats , to me id rather see you with that deer then saying i passed and shota monster later.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I was going to go to the place where I shot my first deer, this morning, but the wind shifted on me, last night. Having nowhere to go and not take a big risk.....I decided to go to the woods I have access to, but have never hunted before (I posted on this a while back). I had marked a tree that I thought would be a good observation stand with some tacks....and I found it pretty easily, this morning. 9:10......the guys are working on the houses in the development above me......and I never hear this deer come in. When I turn to see it....I see it's a small buck, but he's favoring his rear left leg. I didn't know what to do. I shot him at 10yds. He went 30 and expired. When I get down.....his rear left is broken and hanging there. He's just a youngin. I'm sick.

I know I did the right thing (in my mind)....but this season has about taken its' toll on me. He had a sweet G1 on his right side for a baby. I'd love to have seen him, next year.

I will say it once and say it again. Your the Paris Hilton of bowhunting. Man, you ought to be on film in Hollywood. You give me a good laugh at least. I have yet to see such a dramatic person on forums

Old 10-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry, BC.....it bothers me (not your assessment, though).

Wondering why you feel the need to kick a man when he's down, though. Yes....you've said it once.One would thinkthat would be sufficient.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the buck, Jeff!! Well done on all counts!!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:46 AM

That was a cool thing you did Jeff.

Congrats on your buck!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:58 AM

Well, look at it this way I suppose. He's not suffering anymore, and......YOU get to eat him instead of those dad burned coyotes! Man I hate them things.....

So....what you're saying is.......the door is still open......? I don't have to shoot a huge one to be bigger??

Anyway, you know you did the right thing. Screw what anyone else thinks.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:59 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Sorry, BC.....it bothers me (not your assessment, though).

Wondering why you feel the need to kick a man when he's down, though. Yes....you've said it once.One would thinkthat would be sufficient.
It doesn't bother me man. Keep it up, its very funny to think your actually a man who is down right now. You got a kill, be happy, and be a man, and keep moving forward. Your far from down. You want to see down, see a man that really does need something to eat. Or you want see real down, see the man who cannot pull back a bow for injury, or can't sit in a stand, cause his legs are not able. A man who would thank God to be in your spot.

Look up and thank God in heaven for the kill he has given you and the food to feed your family. I even like ya Jeff. I have af few friends with the flair for the dramatic, and it doesn't keep me from talking to them. But sure doens't keep me from shaking my head at the stuff they say. They are still friends regardless.

Quick Reply: Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.