HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....
Old 10-20-2007, 11:20 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I was going to go to the place where I shot my first deer, this morning, but the wind shifted on me, last night. Having nowhere to go and not take a big risk.....I decided to go to the woods I have access to, but have never hunted before (I posted on this a while back). I had marked a tree that I thought would be a good observation stand with some tacks....and I found it pretty easily, this morning. 9:10......the guys are working on the houses in the development above me......and I never hear this deer come in. When I turn to see it....I see it's a small buck, but he's favoring his rear left leg. I didn't know what to do. I shot him at 10yds. He went 30 and expired. When I get down.....his rear left is broken and hanging there. He's just a youngin. I'm sick.

I know I did the right thing (in my mind)....but this season has about taken its' toll on me. He had a sweet G1 on his right side for a baby. I'd love to have seen him, next year.

I will say it once and say it again. Your the Paris Hilton of bowhunting. Man, you ought to be on film in Hollywood. You give me a good laugh at least. I have yet to see such a dramatic person on forums