Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys.... >

Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

Cudos to you sir!! I say we give Jeffa 130" score for the kind deed he did to that animal!! You should feel proud of yourself, how many guys would have done that on this board? 10%, 20%, 40%? From an ethics standpoint IMO you absolutely did the right thing. My hats off to you jeff.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

My wife just asked me if I'd posted the picture of the deer. I said "No" in a tone she questioned me on. She said "You act like you're ashamed of him".

I'm not.

Here he is. I don't regret a thing about it.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

You're missing the point, or I'm just not explaining it well. I could care less if you shot 10 deer and didn't recover them. Problem is, as much as it bothers you not recovering these animals, or findind or seeing these animals that are mamed or have died hidious deaths, you come across as a heartless killer with no respect for the poor little deers to the anti's. Flinging arrows in every direction at anything that walks. Like I said, just something to think about. I just don't see any point in providing the photos for the anti's. Where else are they going to get them from? That's all. Congrats on the kill.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Dominant Buck

So you pick THIS thread to tell me you didn't like my photos from the other thread?

I'm sorry, Valor...I just don't feel like discussing this, right now. It's been a long morning. I see what you're saying....but I don't give the anti's as much credit as you. I don't think they're here among us on this hunting board in a day to day fashion. I could be wrong. The only thing "heartless" in my eyes....would have been letting this litte guy walk.

Good luck to everyone heading out this afternoon.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

As you so often say there is no wrong answer to this situation. Deer can live rather well on 3 legs, but seeing one right there on front of you like that and putting him down is also a commendable choice.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Dominant Buck

It never crossed my mind, Rybo....and maybe it should have. I never once thought about NOT shooting him. I'd like to discuss this sometime.....but much later.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:41 AM

I dont think he would have nessecarily been fine. If the circumstances are right he could. Regardless you did the right thing.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

You made the only possible choice. You did the guy a favor and the deer gods will smile on you. Whether the deer would have died is not even an issue. good job.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff thats a fine thing you did there! Also he may not look like the trophy that you exactly wanted this year(im guessing) but for the deed you did, you should think of it as a trophy! Hey and its not exactly a small buck(in my eyes) so it will feed you and the family you help out well!!
Be Proud and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

you did the right thing man.

a deer can live wit three legs, but it just adds the chance that it will die.

i've seen some bad deer with infections on their lower legs from cuts and breaks.

that venison will taste just as good tho!

Quick Reply: Shot a buck this morning.....Sad day, guys....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.