Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anti Hunters!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:54 PM

Default RE: Anti Hunters!

My take on this issue...As much as I would like to say we Hunters are holding our own in the political world, I believe that the slow and methodical moves that the anit-hunting groupsdo against our sport are going to become even stronger. There seems to be more and more people against us getting into positions that rule this land. There is much more at stake here than just our right to hunt.
If you look at some of thevalues and beliefs this nation once had and look at it today. I dont believe I need to explain the vast differences. If you look into the laws for other countries such as Canada and Aust. and how they gradually come up with law after law until one day their people woke up to the fact that they could not hunt nor could they even own a firearm. If you can not see we are going down that same road then we too one day will wake up and say what just happend!
NO I do not say tell them to kiss off neither do I say cave inor catter to them. I think we are in a position in todays PC that we will have to play their game but also stand for what we believe in. If the can say what they mean and not expect to be hasseled over it then we also should do the same.
I do not mind if someone does not want to hunt but when it comes down to it I dont want an anti telling me "Your not allowed to hunt becouse I think it is crule."
Old 08-16-2007, 10:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Philg

My take on this issue...As much as I would like to say we Hunters are holding our own in the political world, I believe that the slow and methodical moves that the anit-hunting groupsdo against our sport are going to become even stronger. There seems to be more and more people against us getting into positions that rule this land. There is much more at stake here than just our right to hunt.
If you look at some of thevalues and beliefs this nation once had and look at it today. I dont believe I need to explain the vast differences. If you look into the laws for other countries such as Canada and Aust. and how they gradually come up with law after law until one day their people woke up to the fact that they could not hunt nor could they even own a firearm. If you can not see we are going down that same road then we too one day will wake up and say what just happend!
NO I do not say tell them to kiss off neither do I say cave inor catter to them. I think we are in a position in todays PC that we will have to play their game but also stand for what we believe in. If the can say what they mean and not expect to be hasseled over it then we also should do the same.
I do not mind if someone does not want to hunt but when it comes down to it I dont want an anti telling me "Your not allowed to hunt becouse I think it is crule."
i agree 100%
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really good response!! I would like to think that if it ever came down to it, the right thing would happen and hero's would arise, just because it is America.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

PHILG for President!!!!!!!!