Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Need help with anti hunters >

Need help with anti hunters

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need help with anti hunters

Old 11-15-2004, 02:05 PM

Default Need help with anti hunters

My wife and I got permission to hunt on a firends land late last month. It is 50 acres boredering on a public road where we must park our car to enter the land. There is no other place to park and it is across the road from suspected anti hunters. So far my car has been vandalized and one of our ground blinds messed up.I chased off one group ina pickup truck and got their license number. But there seems to be one other guy who always slows down when our car is there. There is alaw against harassing hunters, but our landowner friend says he can't do anything to help. This situation is taking away the fun of hunting and whenever we hunt the land, the people across the road appear to have a recording of wolves howling and I know there are no grey wolves in that area, only coyotes. It happens at the same time around ten a.m .Is there any suggestions please. This is my wife's first hunt in 5 years
Old 11-15-2004, 02:25 PM

Default RE: Need help with anti hunters

Contact your local game warden and have him come over when they are playing thier tape. Other than that find a new place to hunt.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:28 PM

Grab some friends and go over there and kick there ass. At least that is how we handle it down here. The law doesn't mind, they hate those bastards too.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:32 PM

I would park my truck and hide in a spot where I could see the truck. When they come over to mess with it, take some pictures. Then kick their ass.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I would contact the local sheriff and game warden and let them know what is going on. Then I would let them know when I was going to be there so they can maybe check up on things. Good luck with this. Keep us posted.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Setup some stealth cams and put a sign in your window that the vehicle is under surveillance.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:00 PM

Tough situation you are in there,but i can relate to your problem.I have been down that road myself,and yea i agree with these guy's and i have thrown a punch in or two,especially after catching them letting the air out of my tires..But here's what you need to do.Go about your normal routine,parking and going into the woods.But find a spot where you can see your vehicle,but no one can see you,and get them on video.And you won't have anymore trouble after that.After a hefty lawyer fee,and court time,i learnt my lesson.Beat them at their own game!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would fasten a rattlesnake to the wheels of the truck.When they reached down to let the air out the snake would let their air out
Old 11-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Suspected anti's huh? That could be, or maybe they are hunters themselves and are jealous that you are hunting on that land!!! I agree that you should sit close and get it on film when they vandalize your vehicle.

I had a runin with an anti the other day. I was down on our property along the fencline where there is a house about 100 yards from the fence. I was trying to figure out where to set up a ground blind for this week and here comes Mrs. Anti-Hunter herself. Before i could say anything she said "can i help you?" then i said uhhh, can i help you? She then proceeded to ask me if i was supposed to be down there and I said yeah, my parents own the land. She said are you sure? And i said yeah, you see this fence right here and that creek over there? She had a stupid look on her face and i said well we own from the road between the fence and the creek all the way down till the creek and fence meet. She asks for my name and i tell her and she rolled her eyes at me and asked me if my dad was involved with law enforcemnt? I replied yes. She then said i dont like hunting nor people involved with hunting. I dont want any deer being shot down here. I moved out here to get away from that and i like to watch the animals. These are MY ANIMALS and i dont want them being killed. I said well mam, the first owner of these animals is god and the second owner is the state of iowa, not you!!! Then i said there is going to be hunting on this side of the fence. She didn't like that comment too much and she said mr. mccausland, im not going to be an easy neighbor to get along with... I said to her, thats too bad mam. She began walking away and i said by the way mam, harassing hunters is illegal. She said coming on to my property is illegal too!! I said i know it is, but if i have a blood trail to follow and it comes on to your property, state lawa says that i can track a wounded animal on your property as long as i dont bring my weapon. She said you cant if i put up no tresspassing sign's on the fence, and if you do i will call the police. Then i said, well mam, if that is the case, I will call the game warden and he will assist me on tracking the animal on your property. She stormed off after that and I said have a nice day mam. She fliped me the bird! Cool head wins the battle every time!!!

I personally wouldn't retaliate on them guelph299, because that can cause more trouble. Let the authorities handle it!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 05:56 PM

Suspected anti's huh? That could be, or maybe they are hunters themselves and are jealous that you are hunting on that land!!! I agree that you should sit close and get it on film when they vandalize your vehicle
You could hook up with the local National Guard unit--get them to bring out a M1 Abrams......that should deter anyone from messin with ya.
On a serious note, that is a bad situation to be in, because every ounce of man in ya wants to kick somebodys a## in that situation. Don't give in to that urge and make hunters look bad. We are salesmen of not only our profession, but the sport of hunting as well.

Just my $00.02

God Bless and Happy Hunting,
SL