Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Anti-Hunters

Old 02-23-2003, 03:05 PM

Default Anti-Hunters

I recently responded to a letter in my local paper( Jackson Hole News and Guide ) that was very anti hunting. I mentioned that I believe that hunting is our heritage , among other things. Now this was one letter to the editor from another, and the response to my opinion was predictable but suprising,you see the paper gave the anti-hunting view a full page " Guest Shot" with a headline that read " Heritage of hunting no longer mainstream" . ( I asked all inspired to email and many made the print deadline which has expired, let you know how it goes!!)

Thanks to CHRISTINEB and to all that sent emails, the editor was overwhelmed, I will post an update soon. crobride
Old 02-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Anti-Hunters

Crobride, Welcome to the board! I just sent them an email.....
Old 02-23-2003, 06:48 PM

Just sent an email. Funny that I just moved to Wyoming to be in a better area to hunt.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Just wanted you to know that they sent me an email for my town of residence as they mentioned they needed that to publish my letter.

I do not know if they will with me being a WV resident or not....but we shall see. Sure hope that they do!!

Subject: RE: " Heritage of hunting no longer mainstream"

Dear Sir/Madam,

As a woman that hunts and has hunted for many years, I find the title of this editorial absolutely unfounded and absurd. Hunting is a heritage that has been passed on generation to generation....and has been for longer than the Anti-hunting movement even began.

Hunting is very much alive and well in North America and the world in this day and age. More and more women are getting involved with hunting, and the outdoors. More than you even may be aware of to be sure.
That said, you can be most certain that this stay at home mother of a 4year old son will certainly be teaching him to hunt and to hunt ethically, legally and to respect the animals he hunts......as that is not only tradition, but a heritage!!

Regards,

Christine Burton

Walton, West Virginia
Old 02-24-2003, 12:44 PM

I got the same response and replied as well. My town of residence is Lander, Wyoming. I think I ruffled their feathers a bit and pointed out that they gave more space to the anti hunting view while claiming that they were just reporting various sides of a debate.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:15 PM

i just sent them a email from texas. i sent about the same mail to PETA about a month ago. i as them which case they thought was right,(1) let animals dies of disease and starvation due to overcrowding, or(2) allow thge animals to be hunted for food on the table. Peta has never answered me as of today.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:06 PM

I appreciate the responses and emails to my local paper! Although I am sure we all respect every Americans right to an opinion, that does not mean we should roll over and let mis-information and powerful anti-lobbies try to take our rights away! The genetleman I am having a debate with is a lawyer from Chicago with a " trophy home" in Jackson hole. I believe he is part of the so called " more enlightened" . Illinois is well known for it' s whitetails and hunting tradition, so don' t get me wrong, you know what I am talking about. Please feel free to contact me if similar assistance is ever neede, Thanks,crobride
Old 02-24-2003, 05:15 PM

Crobride,
I received the following response to my email after they asked about my hometown.

Dear Eric,
We' ve printed all the pro- and anti-hunting letters received so far.
Angus
Old 02-24-2003, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t know if I can make the deadline. But I will try. Do you think you could post the response letter that they posted in the paper.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2003, 09:38 PM

Missed deadline I think; sent one anyway.

Here' s one of my favorite responses in general:

" If you' ve ever eaten any kind of meat, you are by definition either a predator or a scavenger"

I' m proud that I choose to be a predator!

BK

Quick Reply: Anti-Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.