Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Myles Keller

Old 09-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default He's a good man!!

I've met the man a few times when I was younger at P&Y conventions with my dad. The guy Is not one bit out spoken, very quiet actually from what I remember.

Like some of the well known hunters today Keller was different. He didn't have people or company's calling him telling him to hunt here because the next state or world record Is here. He hunted where he wanted to hunt. Mn was his home state, he did allot of his hunting here. That tells you something. To bad more of the celebs of today aren't more like him. I often wonder If bowhunting got to "tech" happy for him and that's why he said the heck with getting Involved more?

I know this much that I'd like to pick his brain on bear hunting some day.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Fork Horn

This has been a great thread to read. Lots of good memories here. The old Fred Bear books and films are always going to be my favorite, but I would read anything or watch anything by Myles as well. It would be a lot like getting driving lessons from Richard Petty.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read one of the first long articles about him. He is an animal himself. He would tie himself in a tree and spend the night in his treestand, in the snow, so to not smell up the area. In the snow he would cut off PCV pipe and tie to his shoes to not leave footprints and scent. When he went elk hunting he used a backpack with a pup tent inside and didn't go home for a week. He is one tough hombre.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:45 AM
Bartender

He is the man in my book!
Originally Posted by Greg / MO
Now there's a comment I find funny. Sad, but funny.

Motown, Myles is one of THE legends in our sport for getting it done -- and without seeking the limelight. Truly a whitetail master from a bowhunting perspective.

Of course, Myles NOT seeking the limelight as much has probably been what has allowed him to get the job done as much as he has.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to spend some time with him, I can't even imagine how much you could learn from someone like that. There's not many of today's popular personalities that I can honestly say that about.