Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander >

BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

r
Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 04-30-2007, 03:04 PM

TWANG,
I've got some cheese to go with your (wine) whine...Bob
Old 04-30-2007, 06:15 PM

The ONLY potential problem I MIGHT have this fall deer hunting with my Guardianis when one of those 200 inch bucks walk by and I can't draw my bow, spell my name or keep from shaking so bad the leaves fall off the tree I'm in
Old 04-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Twang:

Let me explain a few things that might be of interest to you and all concerned. This design has been in development for many years. It didn't happen overnight. When developing a new design, prototypes are made and ultimately placed in the field with a select few individuals. Of course, these prototypes are made in a model shop with exacting tolerances and hand fitted. Once a decision is made to go into production, things might change, but usually it's only minor changes.

The first production run yielded the fact that they needed to better control the manufacture of the limbs. Also, they quickly realized that limb caps would yield a much stronger limb. The first units were made with limbs from an outside source and without limb caps. If your Dealer got one of the first bows as I thinkyou said he did,
The first instance was with this owner shooting the very Bowtech bow......
, and it's possible that his customer got a 'sister' bow, then it may very well be the truth, but him and youairing this so publically is the issue here.

You said that BowTech jumped on the problem immediately and corrected it. That being said, my problem is mainly with your Dealer. Iquestion whether or nothe deserves having the line if he can't get over it and get on with selling what is apparently a good product that just had a 'hiccup' early on in the production mode.

Heck, when I got my first major bow line back in '96, my first delivery of 10 bows resulted in about 7-8 cracked sets of limbs. The company jumped on the problem immediately and later compensated me for my labor to change out all the limbs. I didn't bad-mouth the company and still sell their bows 10+ years later. A good Dealer's job is to work with their suppliers as much as possible up to the point where they are forced to 'draw a line'. This Dealer, IMPO, drew that line way tooquickly andin a very unprofessional way. Him continuing to discuss this issue with customers is not good business practice; especially when, like you've witnessed, there are a lot of very satisfied customers now shooting this design.

If you like this guy, you might want to tell him about this thread.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM

TWANG:
“I can make this statement because I have no allegiances…….”

Tribute owner, huh.

"....in the region toward the end where all the energy is stored."

If you've looked at the Guardian or Commander at full draw, you'd notice the limbs bend over the entire length in a smooth arc. This removes the usual "hot spots" at the limb pockets and tips. The load is spread out more evenly along the entirelength of the limb.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Len,

Thanks for the last reply. I only met this guy for the first time last sunday and had him install a fall away restand a set of viper sights.

I agree that the owner should not be sharing the information. He even drew the Bowtech back to show me where all the energy/bend occurs. I sure looked to me as if 100% of the energy/bend occurs in that last few inches. Correct me if I'm wrong with that.

On my part, I should have approached the discussion in a different manner. More of asking if anyone has heard of this issue with Bowtech's new line -vs- putting it out there as a problem. You are most likely correct with him having the earlier design in the shop that caused to problem.

Sorry for my way of addressing my concern to you Bowtech owners. Besides,.....I know Matt is a Bowtechie and has been for a few years. I sure don't want that big ole youngster looking me up for a discussion on the matter!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 PM

This thread has made me tired.Time for a nap
Old 05-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Besides,.....I know Matt is a Bowtechie and has been for a few years. I sure don't want that big ole youngster looking me up for a discussion on the matter!
He is just a big ol' Teddie Bear. It is Pat you have to worry about.