Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander >

BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Old 04-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

For terrible technology, my guardian sure shoots amazing.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TWANG

Hey guys,

I know there are lots of BowTech fans out there,....I have heard some "alarming" testomony concerning the Guardian and Commander.

Bowtech technology of "loading the tip" of the limbs with this "pivot point technology"(Guardian/Commander) is causing failurewithin the piviotin the ends in the limb design.

This appears to be a terrible technology on BowTech's part and I would suggest that this be considered prior to purchasing this design of bow.

I can make this statement because I have no allegiances or own a shop. I'm nottrying to promote any particular brand of bow. I have learned this as a result of customer inquiry at a local shop.
There is another archery website called Archerytalk.com. I think you would fit in better over there.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Boy, you sure do know how to ruin your credibility pretty quickly in here... First post that I can recall you ever making in this forum, and it's to bash Bowtech? I'd suggest heading back to join your buddies at AT, 'cause that crap don't fly so well in here...

Loading the limb tips? You've got to be kidding me? Have you actually held a Guardian or Commander? Or drawn one? The Guardian's and Commander's limb tips have the most graceful curvature to them at full draw of any bow I've yet seen-- meaning less stress at any one point than on any other bow -- including Bowtech's other offerings. There's aspects of these bows that some people personallyhaven't liked from an aesthetic point of view, but the preload -- or lack thereof -- and the gentle arc of the limbs hasn't been one of them.

I've got two Guardians hanging side by side in my shop right now... one fully rigged and set up, and the other with the string and cams removed because I'm having a buddy dip the cams for me. Obviously, the Guardian with the cams and string removed has any "preload" removed from the bow... Guess what? There's not THAT much difference between the two bows hanging side by side -- meaning there's virtually NO preload on these limb tips!

If you're determined to find something to try to sway buyers away from these bows, you're going to have to dig a little deeper -- because your first effort pitifully missed the mark.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:09 PM

Just like the finance industry, we could have a credit rating for those who bring unsubstantiated remarks (rumors) to the forums.

Are archers/manufacturers/manufacturers' shooters/manufacturers' employeesthat much afraid of this new technology that they have to take things totally out of proportion or even make things up?

I can't tell you how many times I've provedclaims made on theInternetForums about BowTech's new centershotbowsareeither falsified, misconceived, or so minor that it is ridiculous.

Just today I had two Internet Forum members who picked outtheir choice of aBowTech centershot bow on the rack. In both cases I proved that the cam lean issue that is so prevalent is an optical illusion.Their eyesight said there was lean and the lasers proved there to be absolutely no cam lean either at static or dynamic (full draw) positions. Maybe one of them will see this and post what they saw.

I'm posting because many are getting tired of this constant bashing of many companies without a blade of proof. One of them told me today that when he sees this sort of post, he's learned to just ignore it. I've tried, but when I have proof to the contrary, I feel compelled to post.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

To quote the late, great Phil Hartman:

"I'm just a simple caveman. You're technology frightens me."
That's good!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had the opportunity for the very first time to hold and shoot the Guardian. Matt/PA is here at my place to hunt turkeys. He brought his Guardian. In my basement last evening I shot it and all I can say is WOW....when I shot all the major manuf researching my new bow last spring there was really little differences in all the bows. I took the one that best suited my needs etc...

When shooting Matt's Guardian, there is a HUGE difference in that bow and all the bows I've EVER shot before. THERE was all but zero noise, a simple tiny little "punk" from the bow and the bow remained still/vibration free in my hand, no jump. In one word...AMAZING! I really couldn't believe it, simply could not believe it. I've shot alot of bows in my life and I'm in shock.

Poor design? Really, I think that is foot in mouth disease.....I think my wife's going to be pissed because I'll own a Guardian!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was waiting to hear from you Greg
Old 04-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is going to happen everytime bowtech comes out with something new, we all know this guys....I'm just used to it....It's sad, but that's how it seems to work.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:19 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

I heard there's no less than a dozen 200" bucks running around the property I hunt. It was through a friend of a friend of a guy who said he saw them all in a field one night during the last eclipse. I've never seen them, haven't heard anyone else say they saw them, found their sheds, or gotten them on trail cam, but they're definitely there.

I just wanted to let you all know. Keep your eyes out for them if you're in Northen IL anytime soon.
I saw them.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:16 AM

i've passed on every one of those bucks justin.

Quick Reply: BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.