Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Guardian and Commander Specs Thread  : copied and pasted. Enjoy. >

Bowtech Guardian and Commander Specs Thread : copied and pasted. Enjoy.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Guardian and Commander Specs Thread : copied and pasted. Enjoy.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:44 PM

Default Bowtech Guardian and Commander Specs Thread : copied and pasted. Enjoy.

Over at another site there is an entire thread about the new guardian and a longer ATA just like it called the commander. How come I have not seen any of this here? http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=396532

start on pg. 8

33.75" ATA, 7 1/8" brace........321-329. 4.2# mass weight.

37.25" ATA, 7.5" brace.....310-318fps be better

These are the 2 bows using this new technology.

Guardian = 25-30" draw lengths

Commander = 27 - 32 " draw lengths

There's much more to the design than this.......I'll elaborate later, but here's one of the benefits in a nutshell. (well my long winded nutshell anyway)

Normal conventional risers anchor the pockets at the end of the riser so for a bow to have acceptable brace height measurements with extreme parallel limb angles the riser must be significantly reflexed……….

We all know reflexed risers are inherently more susceptible and critical to form and torque. This new Center Pivot design positions the pivot point BEHIND the grip making this a deflexed riser bow and will carry those attributes. Deflexed risers are all but non-existant in hunting model bows due to slow speeds and ATA lengths. The Center Pivot design turns that long stable riser design into a an even more inherently accurate deflexed package while maintaining balance for its overall length.
In other words it turns what amounts to a target platform into high performance hunting and 3D/ hunting models taking advantage of the benefits of both designs. The first deflexed riser “speed bow”. Parallel limb high performance with the built in forgiveness of a deflexed riser target bow.

Is deflex/reflex determined by pivot point or anchor point.
It's determined by the pivot point.

The limb is still being used below the pivot point just in a different manner than has been seen before.
The limb behaves differently as well......picture this: normal bow limbs attach in two places.....The pocket, and the axle. This method of attachment creates a spring or diving board effect on the limb and the limb tip must carry more overall mass weight. The Center Pivot design attaches in THREE places flexing the limb completely different, similar to an arc. The limb tips now move less overall mass weight, as well as less distance. This 3 point design creates an extremely short amount of overall movement in any direction, which translates into less shock or vibration than even the most extreme of parallel limb designs.

will it have the different speed and smooth mods?

Not this cam system.
1 speed range that has been posted.

Is this cam going to be used on all bows or just these two?

The new center track cam is only on these 2 models.

The 2 new bows Guardian and Commander will also not require a bow press to change strings so no new presses needed. 50, 60 and 70lbs no 80s. The Allegiance is lighter there's still a Tribute and the Eq will go 27.5" draw. All the cams have been redesigned to take out limb torque and cam lean.

Camo options are HDgreed HDGrey OBS...........no Max4

I seen the Striker many moons ago and seen it the first time it was fired...can't wait until ours arrives

[/align] X-bow

[/align]

[/align]New cam system since we're on a new model track I guess.....
The center track cam system used on the Guardian and Commander is a first of its kind.It puts the take up and power side on opposing sides of each other and on each side of the string. This rigging equals out the pressure being applied much like a split harness on a dual cam does.
People have been concerned about "cam lean" or limb twist so Bowtech has addressed these concerns with this design.......cam lean is removed as is side to side string oscillation and torsional forces on the limbs are reduced.

The cam boasts incredible efficiency levels as well at at IBO specs.... moreso than the conventional Binary cam design which is already exceptionally high. This means that even more energy is being transferred to the arrow and speed retention in the shorter draw lengths and lower poundages is remarkable.

will there still be an Old glory? what longer ATA bows will there be besides the commander?

i dont know about a cuddle but i can send you a virtual hug in a non-sexual threatening way.

[/align]
The Commander is your New Old Glory

the Constitution has been totally reworked from end to end.

Also the LE cam that was on the EQ and Constitution as also been re-designed. Mods for last years LE cams will not interchange with the 07 cam but this is only on small cam. The Allegiance, Tribute and TomCat will use the same mods as last year and the 2 new models will have their own

[/align]
But how about some info on the Constitution revamp? and specs on that? Maybe I will stay with a Constitution for 3D?

Along with what Mike said about the cams:
It has a new better looking riser and weighs less. New grip area and better balance.

41" ata, 8 1/4" brace, 27-30.5" draw lengths, 4.2#, 312-320fps

You talk about the forgiveness of the Deflex riser. Do you think that makes up for the smaller brace? In comparison, do you think the Guardian with the 7 1/8" brace will be more forgiving, as it relates to resistance to torque, than the Tribute with the typically more torque resistant 7.5" brace? I like the bow more and more the more I see and hear about it. If it is more forgiving than the Tribute, I would think about adding it, or replacing the Tribute, assuming it is also as quiet and shock free, and has an equally solid back wall.
Yes, yes, and moreso on all counts.

New diamond bows:
Better look again cause the edge and cutter appear to have the new cams.

[/align]
New Dual cam....they have split yoke cables

[/align]
Since the Old Glory has been axed, do any of the new bows come in the 31-32" draw length to replace it or are we left out in the cold again just like with the other big companies flagship bows?

Thanks,

Ron

[/align]
Commander take the place of the OG and it goes to 32" The Constitution now goes to 30.5"

[/align]
Alright, what I wanna know is what the new Allegiance has that'll make want to give up the 2006 I have now for a 2007.

[/align]
Well for one it's now as light as the EQ and I think it will now go a 1/2" longer draw but may of confused that with another but think I'm 99% right
Old 10-18-2006, 07:28 PM

Default RE: Bowtech Guardian and Commander Specs Thread : copied and pasted. Enjoy.

I decided to copy it all in.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Guardian and Commander Specs Thread : copied and pasted. Enjoy.

The Guardian is one butt ugly bow. I wouldn't buy it.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:24 PM

Well thats why there are all different kinds of cars, different tastes.

I am planning to shoot one and if I like it I'll buy it.

I kind of like it's looks.