HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander
Old 04-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Len in Maryland

Default RE: BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Twang:

Let me explain a few things that might be of interest to you and all concerned. This design has been in development for many years. It didn't happen overnight. When developing a new design, prototypes are made and ultimately placed in the field with a select few individuals. Of course, these prototypes are made in a model shop with exacting tolerances and hand fitted. Once a decision is made to go into production, things might change, but usually it's only minor changes.

The first production run yielded the fact that they needed to better control the manufacture of the limbs. Also, they quickly realized that limb caps would yield a much stronger limb. The first units were made with limbs from an outside source and without limb caps. If your Dealer got one of the first bows as I thinkyou said he did,
The first instance was with this owner shooting the very Bowtech bow......
, and it's possible that his customer got a 'sister' bow, then it may very well be the truth, but him and youairing this so publically is the issue here.

You said that BowTech jumped on the problem immediately and corrected it. That being said, my problem is mainly with your Dealer. Iquestion whether or nothe deserves having the line if he can't get over it and get on with selling what is apparently a good product that just had a 'hiccup' early on in the production mode.

Heck, when I got my first major bow line back in '96, my first delivery of 10 bows resulted in about 7-8 cracked sets of limbs. The company jumped on the problem immediately and later compensated me for my labor to change out all the limbs. I didn't bad-mouth the company and still sell their bows 10+ years later. A good Dealer's job is to work with their suppliers as much as possible up to the point where they are forced to 'draw a line'. This Dealer, IMPO, drew that line way tooquickly andin a very unprofessional way. Him continuing to discuss this issue with customers is not good business practice; especially when, like you've witnessed, there are a lot of very satisfied customers now shooting this design.

If you like this guy, you might want to tell him about this thread.