Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Serving separation on Bowtech's Guardian & Commander Bows. >

Serving separation on Bowtech's Guardian & Commander Bows.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Serving separation on Bowtech's Guardian & Commander Bows.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Spike

Default Serving separation on Bowtech's Guardian & Commander Bows.

I was having the same problems with both my Guardian and Commander bows as a few of the other members. Thought I might share what I did to resolve the issue I was having with my Guradian and Commander bows.
I kept having my control cables served ends separating in the same area time and time again. I reserved the ends and also replaced the control cables and still had the same problems. The last time I replaced the cables, I took the modules off and looked them over very well. I found that all four of the modules, both on the Guardian and both on the Commander, had what I’ll refer to as a “peak” spot in the grove where the control cable goes. The following pictures show what was happening to my control cables and where it was happening.

I took a small round file, about 1/8th inch and filed down the “peak” point to match the radius of the rest of the grove. I then took some emery cloth and polished it up good. The last picture, with the yellow highlights, illustrates kind of what I’m talking about. Make sure you file down the peak in the grove and not the outside lips that hold the cable in place! I put on new cables and so far so good. No separation at all. Bowtech might want to take a look into this, as I have talked to a number of Guardian owners with the same issue.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Serving separation on Bowtech's Guardian & Commander Bows.

Great pics to show your situation. I'm surprised nobodyhas any input on this.[8D]
Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Spike

Thanks for the comment, I'm just hoping that they can be of some help to anyone that is having the same problem on these two bows.Other than this very small issue, I've had no problems with the bows at all. I keep track of my practice shots and have over 3000 with each now and they both handle and shoot better than any I've ever owned.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:04 AM

i had technical problems w/ my commander or i'd be shooting it - and the only thing i didn't like about it was it made me lazy. the commander was sooooo easy to shoot - it about shot itself. i had to pick up a rowdy bow to get back up on my p's and q's. that is one super forgiving bow.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Host of Hosts

I guess I got a couple good ones. I haven't had any serving issues with either the Guardian or the Commander. I will pass the info on to my dealer though so he knows what to look for in case someone has a concern.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Spike

I now have about 1000 shots through both the Guardian and Commander since I smoothed out the cam and have no signs of the serving separating. Just wanted to update this post.