Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Frustrated.!!

Old 12-17-2002, 07:29 PM

Default Frustrated.!!

I am trying to locate/buy a copy of "Trailing Whitetails" by John Trout.So far I have run into a wall because I can't buy it up here in Canada .Can anyone help me with any information,it would be greatly appreciated.Thanx.Steve.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Frustrated.!!

I have the book Trailing Whitetails by John Trout jr. I got my copy as a used book purchase through amazon.com. It is the greatest book on the topic I have ever owned. To say that what I have learned from this book has helped is a GROSS Understatement. Last year for example I tracked a high lung/liver shot deer some 264 yards . . . one small drop of blood every 5 or 6 feet. I was able to track her to her first bed and quickly put her away. Tracking this magnificent animal depended heavily on what I have learned from this book.

Trailing Whitetails is out of print and extremely hard to find and even harder to buy. I was lucky.

However you are in luck [mine isn't for sale] Mr. Trout has a revised edition available now on amazon.com and I think through membership in outdoorsmansedge.com. I will be buying this one through my outdoorsmans edge membership soon.

The new version is called "Finding Wounded Deer"

If you get yours before I do . . . let me know what you think of it.

Bowhunter
Old 12-17-2002, 09:04 PM

I just checked Amazon.com and they do have copies availible.
Old 12-17-2002, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I just checked Amazon.com and they do have copies availible.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Which?

Trailing Whitetails: The hard cover is listed as 'Out of stock' and the paperback is listed as 'Out of print-Limited availability.'

The other 'Finding Wounded Deer' is an updateed version and should be readily available.

Bowhunter
Old 12-18-2002, 04:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think AMAZON has used copies for sale. Price is determined by the condidtion of the book.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I think AMAZON has used copies for sale. Price is determined by the condidtion of the book.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

That's how I got mine and it took 8 months.

The new book is every bit as good and readily available.

Bowhunter
Old 12-18-2002, 10:27 AM

I just ordered a copy of &quot;Finding Wounded Deer&quot; by John Trout from Amazon about 3 weeks ago. From what I understand it's the updated version of &quot;Trailing Whitetails&quot;. Great book.