Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Without a place to hunt >

Without a place to hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Without a place to hunt

Old 04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Without a place to hunt

To tell you all the truth.. I am just thinkin' about taking up tennis..

This will actually be my second year straight without land going into late April.. we'll see what happens!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

Justin, if you don't mind the drive out in the Dixon area I'll take you to some pretty good public land.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Dominant Buck

It didn't help much when duke called one lady a "Mister" because he couldn't tell if she was a man ora woman.
LOL.... you must have crossed over into Ohio. Now you could make a Jeff Foxworthy video with that door knocking. LOL OK, what part of the state do you live in? I got some cavalry boys in that neck of the country. They may very well tell me to go to heck, but it never hurts to ask. My kid has some Illinois contacts too from Duke.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Didn't mean to iimply that Justin all the free gear and stuff. I meant just meeting people would imo open up new leads to property. I realize talking something for free is a big no nofor a man in your positition. The more people that you meet the more avenues you will have to pursue. Leads I call them. Sorry you took it the way you did.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah.. David.. it was apparently a female although you wouldn't have thought so at first. Of course it may just have been all the cat urine fumes that were talkin'![:'(]
Old 04-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Dominant Buck

You guys can always come down and hunt my new food plot with me. If you don't mind small bucks and TONS of does, that is. I need some help with the thinnin process on the does.

Free room...free meals.....just takes a NC license. I'll even scout you out your OWN light pole OR you can set up a ground blind under the monkey bars. Just be mindful of the children playing.....and everything will be "OK"!

Old 04-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

The biggest thing I took away from the first post was that I thought Justin had got Duke pregnant!!! [][]

Good luck guys... I've hunted public land in Illinois fora number of years, and can tell you it can be absolutely fantastic hunting... and then you can sink to your lowest low when you see someone else approaching your set unaware they're stumbling into your honey hole -- with the wind at their back, of course.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

and then you can sink to your lowest low when you see someone else approaching your set unaware they're stumbling into your honey hole -- with the wind at their back, of course.
How dare they come into my spot!!
That use to happen alot now I walk farther than everyone else. It gets really rough and steep but it's been worth it.