Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK, Len made me a believer. >

OK, Len made me a believer.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, Len made me a believer.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default OK, Len made me a believer.

I've shot ICS Hunters since I bought my Darton 5 or 6 years ago. They worked, but it was always a matter of finding the right ones for hunting.I'd sort through a dozen and get anywhere from 6-9 that I called capable. And when you spun them they never did set the world on fire except for the rare one. Really, if I got totally picky I might get 4 or so that were truly great. Len has ragged me for years about my arrows. I take a bow in for tuning. He'd say leave me a couple straight arrows. I'd spin and spin and finally find one. He'd look at it and say, maybe or what else you got. But they were close. Well in setting up my new bow the other day we were having a time getting a good paper tear with my old arrows. I should have brought in one of my hunting ones but hadn't. So he says, you need a different arrow. Len's got hundreds laying around of different sizes, lengths, weights etc. He picked and played and finally found one that really was apart from the rest of the run of the mill arrows. I said, what arrow is that. Good hole time after time at all distances. He said, it's my arrow. OK, stop already, make me up a dozen. So his guy did. I just went down and picked them up. WOW, I wouldn't have thought it would be so completely different. I spun all 12. PERFECT. I took 2 over and shot through paper at 3 different distances, PERFECT. I took the dozen out on the other range and shot spots. Time and again, same hole or spot on the spot. All that's left is THE TEST.... broadheads. That'll have to wait until next week. I got to go to NY tomorrow and check on the new house. I'm going to be busy for a while. I'll be moving around the 24 or 25. I won't have internet for a while except at my brothers until they get me hooked up. But anyway, these Carbon Tech Whitetails with ACC nock adapters and 4 fletch mini Quickspins are the nuts. I'm now shooting 466 grains at 250. Plenty fast for me. My Guardian is even quieter than it was before. Yes they cost more, but hey, I got a dozen shooters out it. When I get to it I'll post a picture. White wraps with white and flo green vanes. You can see them good. I bought the better grade ones, 1/1000th vs the 6/1000. He had his man cut off both ends to avoid problems. I shaved the ends of the inserts with his little tool so everything is square to the shaft. Perfect arrows.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK, Len made me a believer.

welcome back buddy
Old 03-29-2007, 01:45 PM

I've heard only excellent things about the Carbon Tech arrows. I think you'll be very happy with them...Well actually it looks like you already are.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP, I think I'm going to like them. When I got all done with my ACC nocks and adapters and the 4 fletch quick spins I could have bought some of those full metal jackets. LOL
Old 03-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am not really familiar with the Carbon Tech arrows. Was it Len's opinion that just the Whitetails were top notch or would his comments apply to the other models as well?
Old 03-30-2007, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard really really good things about tolerances of every model of arrow in carbon tech's line.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but this is what my experence was...

I loved the straightness of the shafts, the strict specs and all, but I just never could get over how fragile they were compared to other carbons. Irealize weird things can happen to arrows when they miss the intended target but I had three of them split (it was more like a tear)on the nock end, one of which was shot into soft dirt.

Since then Len hasindictated his experience was not the same as mine, however I know that I was not the only person to comment on the frailty issue.Maybe the ACC bushing & nock(if I am understanding you right) are a key ingredient to their holding up. Mine were the CT Whitetail 65/80 shaft. Perhaps this problem has been addressed and solved I know not; it has been two years since I played with any.

In the end all that matters is that you are pleased with them and they work for you...
Old 03-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Davidmil - do you know what size unibushing fits the CT Whitetails? Is it the same CB unibushing that fits the Beman ICS Hunters?