Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Im a "true" believer >

Im a "true" believer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im a "true" believer

Old 10-14-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Im a "true" believer

Bought the true talker yesturday after hearing such great things about it on here. This is my first year hunting, so its all new to me. Lol i had another call by an unknown maker, I begining to believe it sucks. My hunting buddy always laughed at me when i used that one. Hes been sick the last couple days so he couldnt come out this morning.

Anyways I slept in this morning and didnt get to my stand til bout 6 630. Man it was cold 22 degress from what my temp gauge in the truck said. But i had dressed well and it wasnt a problem.

I started calling using the doe bleat and some grunts and fawn bleats here and there. I really like the sound of the doe bleat and the grunts. So I had been hearing noise in the woods but it was hard to tell if it was squirels or deer. I thought for sure i had heard some but then a few seconds later i seen 2 squirells fighting around a tree.

So im sitting there and let off three more doe bleats when all of a sudden the woods light up with the sound of rustling leaves. I have a pine in front of me and i see a button buck come into view and then go back behind the tree. I quick stand up grab my bow, as i hear more approaching. He steps out with a doe in tow they are right under my stand. I still hear me deer but im not seeing the buck Ive been waiting for.

My wife is a vegetarian loves animals and dont even want me hunting lol. I told her i would shoot no girls or babys.

So i let them pass hoping they would stay around me. The button buck gets behind my stand and starts stompin the ground and snorts at me. LOL I was debating shooting the doe, After that they took off, but it was great and I really believe it was because of the call. I believe they heard me from the hill across the creek lake im hunting at and came up the dried creek bed by my stand.

It was a great experiance. So should what now I only hunt that stand on the weekends now that ive been busted should i relocate nearby or stay where im at?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Im a "true" believer

It will never be known if the calls brought those deer to you. The True Talker has pretty good sound but the fall apart easily. I've had 2 fall apart, I will not own another one. I do have a Rubber Neck from Primos, same sound, hasn't fallen apart yet.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:11 PM

Primos Rubberneck here too........Love it....Great sound.

Now back to your question... I would try a different place for a day or two and let the area calm down... It may not be bad right now, there may be no real effect there, but if you have other places, it is better safe than sorry.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

So should what now I only hunt that stand on the weekends now that ive been busted should i relocate nearby or stay where im at? [align=right][/align]
You're probably ok, especially if he never actually spotted you. If there are a lot of deer in your area and you're in a good spot, I'd stay there--once a week is probably not too frequent.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Its just a button buck, if the bigger deer was behind it he didn't know what that younster was barkin about. I am sure he took his word for danger and just split , but I highly doubt he will never show his rack in that area again.