HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OK, Len made me a believer.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default OK, Len made me a believer.

I've shot ICS Hunters since I bought my Darton 5 or 6 years ago. They worked, but it was always a matter of finding the right ones for hunting.I'd sort through a dozen and get anywhere from 6-9 that I called capable. And when you spun them they never did set the world on fire except for the rare one. Really, if I got totally picky I might get 4 or so that were truly great. Len has ragged me for years about my arrows. I take a bow in for tuning. He'd say leave me a couple straight arrows. I'd spin and spin and finally find one. He'd look at it and say, maybe or what else you got. But they were close. Well in setting up my new bow the other day we were having a time getting a good paper tear with my old arrows. I should have brought in one of my hunting ones but hadn't. So he says, you need a different arrow. Len's got hundreds laying around of different sizes, lengths, weights etc. He picked and played and finally found one that really was apart from the rest of the run of the mill arrows. I said, what arrow is that. Good hole time after time at all distances. He said, it's my arrow. OK, stop already, make me up a dozen. So his guy did. I just went down and picked them up. WOW, I wouldn't have thought it would be so completely different. I spun all 12. PERFECT. I took 2 over and shot through paper at 3 different distances, PERFECT. I took the dozen out on the other range and shot spots. Time and again, same hole or spot on the spot. All that's left is THE TEST.... broadheads. That'll have to wait until next week. I got to go to NY tomorrow and check on the new house. I'm going to be busy for a while. I'll be moving around the 24 or 25. I won't have internet for a while except at my brothers until they get me hooked up. But anyway, these Carbon Tech Whitetails with ACC nock adapters and 4 fletch mini Quickspins are the nuts. I'm now shooting 466 grains at 250. Plenty fast for me. My Guardian is even quieter than it was before. Yes they cost more, but hey, I got a dozen shooters out it. When I get to it I'll post a picture. White wraps with white and flo green vanes. You can see them good. I bought the better grade ones, 1/1000th vs the 6/1000. He had his man cut off both ends to avoid problems. I shaved the ends of the inserts with his little tool so everything is square to the shaft. Perfect arrows.