Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent killers

Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: scent killers

Dead Down Wind is the only way to go without being detected...works great around the house too! get some gas on your clothes, spray it and it's good to go
Old 03-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm always for saving a buck, but I will spend money on Dead Down Wind spray. I had a similiar situation with gas as indicated earlier. DDW eliminated the smell.

I have been able to save some money by my wife buying a scent free detergent with enzymes in it. Use that instead of the various specialty washes. I really don't buy into the UV arguement for buying these.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

The scent killer recipe on here is almost identical to the recipe my vet uses for skunk cleaner fpr your dog.

BTW, I tried the gasoline in hands trick w/ DDW and it worked OK,but I could still smell a little gas.

DDW was only marginally effective when used on the ultimate test of scent elimination: my son's hockey equiptment! Pads still reeked! Oh well you can't expect miracles!