Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

scent killers

Old 09-05-2005, 06:44 PM

Default scent killers

What scent killer did you use last year. I used "Scent Loc" killer and wasn't really impressed. I keep hearing about white lightning, and scent shield. SO what do you believe works best.
I'm ready this year, the clothes hung in the woods for 3 weeks with 4 rain days. I mainly use scent killers on boots. How about cover scents like skunk musk attached to the bottom of boots.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:04 PM

Default RE: scent killers

I use Scent Killer Autumn Formula with good success.
My partner uses Scent Away with good success also.
I dont think you can go wrong with either.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

i used scent shield mostly.....worked for me....i think i'm going to give the white lightning stuff a try this year.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have been using Scent Shiel Fall Blend by Robinson Labs for years now and I am hooked on it. My buddies say that the company should give me stock in it because I use so much of it. I have never ever had a deer spook from it. It is as good as an attractant as it isa cover spray. I am a scent control fanatic and take great steps to control my odor. I really spray my boots and legs with the Fall Blend so that it will get on any vegetation that I rub against. I have had so many deer follow it to my tree, lick the leaves that I have brushed against, and my favorite is the 6 deer that I have actually had lick the bottom treestaps in my tree. It is hilariuos to see them do that! I am sold on the stuff. In warmer weather I spray it in my hair and rub it on my face and neck before I head for the stand to mask the sweat. As long as they keep making it ,I will be using it.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using the Scent Away products for the past 2 seasons. Most likely I'll end up using them again. Though I've been contemplating just mixing my own and giving thata try.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Scent away fall blend. Smells like dirt.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 PM

JeramyK
i have the same problem i want to try homemade scentkillers but carbon blast works so good for me