Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Goose Hunting

Old 03-16-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Goose Hunting

Wondering what you think(?) I am in the process of starting my own waterfowl guiding business. I seem to have a nack for killing geese. Anyway, I was talking with "Roscoe" and he gave me the idea... Would any of you pay to go on a guided goose hunt and kill geese with your bow? If you would, how much do you think is reasonable? My normal fee would be $200. That gets you in the field, the blinds, 11 dozen full body big foot decoys, my scouting time, calling, snacks, and if you can hit, 3 geese.

Of course this would be over decoys, probably out of a double bull matrix. It would more than likely have tobe an all day hunt.

I am pretty good with a call, so I believe that I could put the geese on the ground no further that 40 yards, and in most cases closer. The "clients" would have the bows and I would have a shotgun only for the birds that might be flying away with an arrow still attached.

What do you think?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Goose Hunting

Sounds like a blast. 200 dollars doesn't sound to bad but then again the travel would maybe be a different story. Where would this be located?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:37 PM

It would be in Southeastern Colorado, near Pueblo.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

how long you been goose hunting??? Its pretty tough to get a guide business started, need to have lots of good hunting ground... you can shoot out a field pretty quick.

That said, ive tried goose hunting w/ a bow, its tough, but lots of fun!