Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Getting into goose hunting >

Getting into goose hunting

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Getting into goose hunting

Old 02-10-2005, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Getting into goose hunting

I am interested in learning about goose hunting, but I don't know anyone who goose hunts in my area. Would it be better to try to find someone to buddy up with, would I be able to learn enough by going out with a guide?

-Rick C.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 PM

Default RE: Getting into goose hunting

IMO I would never pay anybody to take me huting in my own state. Talk to people who hunt your area. You will probably get better info then a guide will give you and save you money for shells and gas.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:04 PM

Rick, I agree do not pay someone to go goose hunting for one day or so. It is not worth the $$. Most goose hunts in MD are about $200.00 and up. If you hunt on the shore during the early season you can only kill one goose. That does not add up to me. I too live in frederick and would like to start goose hunting in that area (5 a day limit for resident geese). I had the chance to hunt with some guys from work whom lease a place on the eastern shore and I was hooked after the first day. If we could find a place in the frederick area I could get guys to assist with the knowledge.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Fork Horn

I have been searching for private land to hunt on ever since I started hunting 2 years ago. No luck yet. I hunt mainly Monocacy NRMA, not sure if that area would be a good setup or not. I plan to knock on a few more doors and try to get permission to hunt private land, hopefully have some luck with that.

-Rick C.