Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Drury Outdoors is Employing a Poacher >

Drury Outdoors is Employing a Poacher

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury Outdoors is Employing a Poacher

Old 12-09-2002, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Drury Outdoors is Employing a Poacher

I don't understand how you guys are ragging on Silent so much.

Here's a link to his 'pro' page on drury outdoors:
http://www.druryoutdoors.com/daveforet.asp
Here's another link that has a pic of a buck he got in kansas:
http://www.druryoutdoors.com/news.asp

Sure sounds like the same guy to me.

I'm sure silent can't answer why Drury is paying this guy. That question should be directed to Drury, don't you think?

If you want to express your opinion to Drury or ask some questions, here's there address:

Drury Marketing Inc.
P.O.Box 71
US Hwy 61
Bloomsdale, MO. 63627

Contact Willa:
Phone: 1-800-990-9351
Fax: 1-573-483-9590

You guys have to admit that if you look at the info silent presented, it looks like this guy was convicted of poaching and he's on the Drury pro staff. I have a problem with that.
Old 12-09-2002, 05:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Sorry, but I'm not buying this story! If this is all true, and better yet, the records of such infringements are so readily available, why doesn't Drury Outdoors, Inc. have any knowledge of it? And don't come back with a stupid reply of, &quot;...they do know, and they don't care.&quot; They wouldn't survive in the industry if they we're blatently sponsering outlaws. And better yet, how can the two individuals still purchase hunting licenses after all these run-in's with the law? Sorry, once again, but it sounds like bulls#it to me!

PBB

Pick a hair.....or a caruncle!!
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

PABeardBuster, Believe me, it can happen and very easily. We have the same situation on the other side of the state from the Drury Brothers(Missouri) with a guy named Fred Ramsey. He is the the co-host of &quot;The American Outsdoorsman&quot; that you see on the ODL channel and the Outdoor channel, and is the main spokeman for the &quot;JackKite&quot; flying decoy. He was busted for shooting over the limit of ducks. 43 ducks total to be exact, not hearsay, not speculation, and sure as heck not a momentary lapse of reason!!!! He knew what he was doing, because he has been doing it for years. He just did not get caught with his hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.

I remember specifically one opening day of pheasant season,(because I was there), at a small town cafe that Ramsey's pickup was parked in front of, a group of farmers had gathered to confront him when he returned. The confrontation was due to continually seeing Ramsey's highly marked &quot;American Outdoorsman&quot; red Chevy pickup, tresspassing on property of said farmers, and the farmers feeling like nothing was being done about it. The local law inforcement officers showed up after hearing of the gathering(we are talking really small town). After a few heated words with, but not towards the officers, it was learned that the M.D.C., and local law inforcement were in the process of an on going investigation about Ramsey's past illegal activities, and that all should leave it for the proper authorities to handle. Cooler heads prevailed, and it was later that Ramsey was arrested for breaking the law, and later convicted.

Ramsey still is the co-host of &quot;The American Outdoorsman&quot;, but still maintains that he is a true American sportsman.

I would believe this can happen anywhere, and very easily done at that. There is a chance of a guy/gal making a small mistake, like harvesting an animal just a minute or two past shooting hours, as mentioned earlier. But, in these instances, there is no way a man or woman mistakenly spotlights and shoots an animal illegaly, or over harvests over the limit of ducks the way Ramsey did. One duck over may be a honest mistake, but not 43.

Old 12-09-2002, 05:50 PM

Drury Outdoors and David Foret are celebrities. The usual malice, defamation of character and slander lawsuits normally do not apply to people who reach this status. If these celebrities had the same rights as you and I, David Letterman and all finger pointing politicians would be in serious trouble.

Old 12-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does not change my opinion of the Drury boys one bit.

First off, they are flesh and blood. Until I see substantial proof that they knowingly <u>support</u> this type of action, I will reserve such harsh judgement as a boycott or any other such nonsense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we have not heard their version of this story from a reliable source. That silentassassin asserts that &quot;they are making no plans to investigate&quot; does not mean that they are not, or perhaps they have hired outside people to do such and investigation after seeking legal counsel, etc. They are a business enterprise, and I seriously doubt that they puke their plans out to anyone that drops them an email.

For what its worth, I also doubt that being in their videos is a real money-maker to begin with. I would think that they pick their &quot;team members&quot; by seeking good hunters with the proper video equipment and dedication to help them create videos. In turn, they become celebrities of sorts, and are granted access to some fine hunting turf. I'm not so sure they are getting rich in the process. As I recall on certain videos, the &quot;team member&quot; speaks of having limited time to hunt due to JOB requirements. Can't too awful lucrative then, eh?

In the whole scheme of things, we all have far more important things to boycott and stand behind... The sad thing is that we usually do not...many Americans do not even vote! But oh boy, lets get after those Drury boys.

I look forward to seeing their next video. I respect and admire them. It will take more than this incident to change my mind.

Old 12-09-2002, 06:31 PM

Wow! This is still the same America we grew up in ain't it? Free men can still spread the truth can't they? Problem is that if you put the dirty little secrets out in public view the worms start squirmin' and call the C903 guys to threaten everyone and shut it down. Well boys I never said s*@t about this guy or the Drury whoevers but as long as you are relaying true information you will be OK. Just need to be careful about expanding or imbellishing things. I watched the same exact verbage and threats on a stock board for my ex company. I never typed a word but knew a lot and the weasels ripped the company off and screwed the employees. The threats are effective and have some substance but I don't have to like it. For all you know C903 is the company attorney and his or her job is to monitor sites like this so think about it. Oh and C903, you can KMA. I hate forkin attorneys.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:28 PM
Dominant Buck

I sent them a link to this thread. They responded within a very short time. Their reply was: <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Thanks for the info, we’ll check it out. This is all news to us we have had no idea regarding this matter.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I have to believe they had no idea. These guys have had a stellar reputation and have always come across as nothing but up front, truthful and a first class act all the way. Don't condemn them for something someone might have done. It's very easy to know they might have had NO CLUE. Heck, I can't tell you who is up for murder in my own county.

Old 12-09-2002, 07:43 PM

Silentassassin, Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

This is an ethical hunting board. I cant believe there would be anyone on here that would defend an ALLEGED spotlighter,tresspasser and poacher.

Old 12-09-2002, 08:35 PM

The bottom line is this.

We need to question anyone in the field of the outdoor world who hires, promotes, ect., the likeness of a convicted game law violator for monetary gain.

I do not blame the Drury Brothers for their hiring practices, for as I said earlier, things like these are hard to expose. I am positive that the man in question did not include these facts in his attempt to get himself recognition.

But, when these instances arise, we do need to question all involved, and get to the bottom of the situation. These things, like alot of other things, can be changed if everyone puts pressure on in the way of, letters questioning certain acts, refusal to use a product, word of mouth in doing so.

These can be powerful tools in the way of getting things accomplished, but there is a certain order in which things must be done. I am sure, that in the response from Drury Outdoors, that things will be checked out. I know they wouldn't want even the slightest bit of controversy regaurding their company, and wouldn't let something like a convicted poacher, tresspasser, ect. ruin any chance of bringing down their castle.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Right on, Davidmil.

Eventually we'll hear both sides of the story.

Those guys do nothing but promote the sport in the best light possible for all of us.

Old 12-09-2002, 09:27 PM

davidmil

Something does not jive. According to silent,he informed Drury of Foret's alledged past and ongoing criminal acts and was told that they were not planning to investigate the allegations.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I have contacted Drury to inform them that they are portraying a notorious convicted poacher as one of our &quot;Industry Representatives&quot;. However, they are making no plans to even investigate the accusations to see if they are true or not.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Until factually determined to be otherwise, I have to go with your belief that the Drury's were not aware. I know that anything is possible, but I would be amazed to discover that the Drury's would knowingly jeopardize their business and reputation.

Quick Reply: Drury Outdoors is Employing a Poacher

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.