Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter? >

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

We understand your frustration and need for another type of video. The reasons you have all pointed out iswhy my good friend Todd and I felt about the video's available out there. So instead of just complainingwe wanted to do something about it.Todd started and is very excited about his very own production company titled "White Knuckle Productions". Shootingour first video, "Beyond the Kill" kept us very busy this year but we feel it was well worth the time.
Todd and Justin from Huntingnet.com,one of our sponsors,is featured in the videowith one of Todd's gun season kills for this year. What you will see with our video is how the season really goes, some bad some good. But all fun and "NO" infomercial. We will be at the Deer spectacular in Lansing, MI. As well as in Blooomington, ILL. and Des moines, IA. Stop in and say hello if you are around any of the shows. Walt
Old 02-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

SorryI also should have stated WI deer spectacular and OH deer spectacular. Walt
Old 02-07-2007, 09:59 AM

If by 'average joe's' you mean that we have super high end equipment, have people in all areas of the country calling us from their ranch whenever they pattern a booner so we can shoot it on film, pay people to scout, hang stands, and deliver us to these standsin the morning, then yes, absolutely, it represents us well.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:13 AM

I guess what I am calling the "average joe show" is the one where they do chase and shoot trophy game, but also show alot of what goen on beside shooting the animal such as the strategyof how, why they hunt places, and basically educational things people want to know about. When these shows say " yea, and back there we had to crawl over a mess of fallen timber just to get here for the shot; it was a lot of work", I want to see a brief segment of what they went through and not just talk about it. Things do not have to be drug out, but brief and informative. When i address "average joe", I am speaking of hunts they show more than the products, animal kill and it is over.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:25 AM

A half an hour of a guy explaining how he had a flat on the way to his spot and had to crawl over brushpiles to get to his stand isn't as 'viewable' as a half hour of highlight segments where guys are shooting a lot of big deer.

It'd be nice to have more real world scenarios, but they cant compete with the big timers.

...and just imagine to yourself the sound 'ca-ching $$$!!' everytime they mention a brand name. They don't get hunt hunt these places by being good-looking.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 AM

Who will ever compete with "the big guys"? Noone, because they are the icons who run the business. If everyone were like them noone would watch enough t.v. shows to pay all the sponsors bills. Who said anything about 30min worth of flat tires-you can show that is 8-10 seconds. Not everyone cares about the big trophys and perfect looking hunts; many want to see real hunting with educational stuff. If you hada child you wanted to get interested in hunting, and had little time to take them enough to spark the interest do you think you could teach them from a Primos video? Sure they nail great animals, but there is little to no education-it's all about product and places to them. Why are they so successful then?-because they are the forefathers of modern hunting t.v.; that is why? While we have differing opinions, many(majority) have an opinion similar to mine.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

We understand your frustration and need for another type of video. The reasons you have all pointed out iswhy my good friend Todd and I felt about the video's available out there. So instead of just complainingwe wanted to do something about it.Todd started and is very excited about his very own production company titled "White Knuckle Productions". Shootingour first video, "Beyond the Kill" kept us very busy this year but we feel it was well worth the time.
Todd and Justin from Huntingnet.com,one of our sponsors,is featured in the videowith one of Todd's gun season kills for this year. What you will see with our video is how the season really goes, some bad some good. But all fun and "NO" infomercial. We will be at the Deer spectacular in Lansing, MI. As well as in Blooomington, ILL. and Des moines, IA. Stop in and say hello if you are around any of the shows. Walt
Well, I do have a production company together and sponsors on th wayalready. I just want to hear what people actually have to say about modern t.v. Not anyone will agree on this and that is fine, but opinions are great. So I am not just talking...
Old 02-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

I would much rather be able to buy a hunting 'bloopers' video that shows all of the almosts, could have beens, and mistakes because seeing and experiencing those are how you learn. No, the hunting shows do not represent the average Joe hunter.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

No more than Soap Operas and sitcoms depict the average family.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

No more than Soap Operas and sitcoms depict the average family.
Do what?

Quick Reply: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.