Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter? >

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Old 02-07-2007, 12:26 PM

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

ORIGINAL: MO Archer

I would much rather be able to buy a hunting 'bloopers' video that shows all of the almosts, could have beens, and mistakes because seeing and experiencing those are how you learn. No, the hunting shows do not represent the average Joe hunter.
Maybe a hunting blunders video would sell, but could a person make a whole t.v.concept on it?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

I can see exactly where you are coming from.. but I'd have to agree with everyone else that their is alot of editing. It just wouldn't be that economical to air countless hours of preparation and sitting in stand. This would probably bring up their costs which would definatly bring up ours. In return a $20.00 DVD would become $30.00 or more.

Things are definatly easier when you own and manage your own herd with hundreds of acres of feed. And going from outfitter to outfitter isn't to bad either.

Justin has kept me updated on the new videos to come out by "White Knucle Productions", and I think people will start to turn heads.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Does a playboy magazine represent the average wife??

Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

No... but speaking of your wife Jeff....
Old 02-07-2007, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Does a playboy magazine represent the average wife??

I suppose you like silicone??? How can the average wife compete against that? Like some huntingt.v. shows, people are tired of silicone!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks, Duke & she's as much a lady as a looker.

I suppose you like silicone??? How can the average wife compete against that? Like some huntingt.v. shows, people are tired of silicone!!!!!!!!!
Speak for yourself, eq.......
Old 02-07-2007, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I can see exactly where you are coming from.. but I'd have to agree with everyone else that their is alot of editing. It just wouldn't be that economical to air countless hours of preparation and sitting in stand. This would probably bring up their costs which would definatly bring up ours. In return a $20.00 DVD would become $30.00 or more.

Things are definatly easier when you own and manage your own herd with hundreds of acres of feed. And going from outfitter to outfitter isn't to bad either.

Justin has kept me updated on the new videos to come out by "White Knucle Productions", and I think people will start to turn heads.
These preperations/etc can be shown in seconds durations of this is not needed. Not everyone is an experienced as we are. This number of hunters grows as we speak. These people want the trophy entertainment too, but they also need information. Just look at these chat rooms/forums. There is a huge market and while this different style may not be a huge success like Primos, it can succeed.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: egsdybf

ORIGINAL: MO Archer

I would much rather be able to buy a hunting 'bloopers' video that shows all of the almosts, could have beens, and mistakes because seeing and experiencing those are how you learn. No, the hunting shows do not represent the average Joe hunter.
Maybe a hunting blunders video would sell, but could a person make a whole t.v.concept on it?
Not the blunders you are thinking of. Some are successful and some are not. Just like when you and I hunt....
Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 PM

Are you guys going to buy a DVD of mine when it is finished to get an understanding of what I am talking about. I almost promise you will see something different than I am able to write on this forum...
Old 02-07-2007, 12:55 PM

Hey, just go to www.bluecollarhuntingproductions.com to see about our approach/goals/outfitters/etc.

Quick Reply: Do you people think the hunting shows really represent us average hunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.